by crinrict

Original Post

Build/buy insufficient funds and overlapping

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, outdoor retreat, my first pet stuff, toddler stuff, kids room stuff, movie hangout stuff, perfect patio stuff, and holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything in build/buy mode it says I cant afford even though I have enough. Also the business funds overlaps the household funds and i dont own a business.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to buy the things i can afford and for the funds not to overlap.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

bug.jfif

Message 31 of 74 (1,172 Views)

Re: Lot type changed with new update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

If you can use cheats I fixed it by using bb.enablefreebuild because I too had already saved and when I sold my "business" it deleted my Sims.

The Lot I played on I don't believe was another type, but it was in Newcrest.

This happened after the latest update, no issues before.

Message 32 of 74 (1,156 Views)

Re: Build/buy insufficient funds and overlapping

Hero

Hi @SavPMA 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 74 (1,130 Views)

My home lot keeps changing to a beach lot

★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Jungle adventure, kids room stuff, tiny living, my first pet stuff, island living, discovery university, laundry day, moschino stuff, spa day, perfect patio, outdoor retreat, backyard stuff, get together, strangerville, get famous, fitness stuff, realm of magic, movie hangout, bowling night stuff, seasons, city living, vampire, cool kitchen stuff, get to work, dine out, vintage glamour stuff, cats and dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build mode or just looking at your home lot on the map
What happens when the bug occurs? People randomly come in your house and your house is a business.
What do you expect to see? No strangers and no beach lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• Loop
Message 34 of 74 (1,146 Views)

Re: My home lot keeps changing to a beach lot

Hero
@ygarcia36 Is this your issue ? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Residential-lots-turning-into-other-lots-types/td-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 74 (1,102 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My home lot keeps changing to a beach lot

Hero
@ygarcia36 Is the issue linked above what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 74 (1,071 Views)

Residential Lots Are Being Changed To Retail

★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except ROM and Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to edit a residential lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Lot appears as residential at the start but as soon as you go to edit it, it changes to a retail lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect all lots to stay as they originally were and to not change upon trying to edit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Ecoliving Patch. My game was just fine before that patch.

Refer to the above statements. Issue occurred with and without mods/cc installed.

Message 37 of 74 (1,153 Views)

Re: Residential Lots Are Being Changed To Retail

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I still don't know how to fix this.

Message 38 of 74 (1,095 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Lot Types Change/ Business Funds for residential housing

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

On PS4, I've also seen this in my game. I loaded a lot after patch 1.27 and it is a residence that was on the former Stargazer Lounge. On the map it was listed as incomplete and once in the household the lot type was listed as a business with no business funds and you couldn't change the lot type. I moved the family out, was then able to change the lot back to residential and moved the family back in. 

The Sims™ 4_20200611101436_1.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20200611101749_1.jpg

Message 39 of 74 (1,053 Views)

[BG] Lot type locked, Living in a Generic lot

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Français
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sims live in Desert Bloom as a Residential lot, a patch change it into Generic.
What happens when the bug occurs? In Build Mode, the lot type is locked
What do you expect to see? The lot type should be unlocked.

Hi,

Residential lots are locked as a Generic lot.

Message 40 of 74 (1,077 Views)