[FIXED] [JTB] Missions don't get credited

by KristenLDD

Original Post

Re: Game Won't Complete Mission After Tasks are Complete

★★★ Apprentice
For the father, I did not remove the fine arts degree before sending him back. Although I’m like 95% positive that I had the fine arts degree before I started playing JTB the first time. Tomorrow, I can try to remove the degree and send him again. I’m pretty sure he also has the business savvy trait but again, will verify tomorrow.

For my main sim, I removed the trait in present time (after the missions already failed). I’m unsure how to return to a previous save to try it out. If you can provide guidance on this, I will try it out. Sorry if my posts were confusing. I highly appreciate your efforts in trying to pinpoint this annoying bug!
Message 51 of 204 (1,006 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@KristenLDD I wanted to test JTB as well. I just sent in my two Sims (from a save file prior to this bug) and the first thing I noticed was the previous credits disappeared completely. I haven't started any missions yet, but I can confirm that you earn credits from Aspirations, and as well by playing Sabbac and scamming people. I will keep you updated on how it progresses.
Message 52 of 204 (989 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@KristenLDD, I'll start with an important question - have you ever used "Save As..." in the menu?

I'm only asking because you wrote that you're unsure about how to return to previous saves.

If you only used "Save", then the save file is overwritten with your current position and there is nothing to get back to.

Message 53 of 204 (1,101 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

A question to Simmers who played JTB before May 2021 - were you able to leave Batuu mid-aspiration and return to complete it without losing progress (credits, mission status)?

Message 54 of 204 (1,094 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MetaSuperficial As I wrote, my Sims for the time being, only lost the credits they had accumulated in the previous visit. The progression in the Aspirations I have not lost, as well as the level obtained with the missions. I still have to check if I can get credits by doing missions now or not.
Message 55 of 204 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@MetaSuperficial Betting 200 simoleons on 'No' 😎, will turn out to be the Ancient Bloodline. This trait is quite a challenge to get. And potentially "The Force' s midi-chlorians are strong with this One!".

You are doing an amazing job with the troubleshooting! Kudos!
Message 56 of 204 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MetaSuperficial@KristenLDDI had to click Me too. I tried to start a mission for the scoundrels, and upon completion I received no credits and the mission would not disappear. The only option was to cancel the mission. However, doing so does not allow me to level up.
This confirms that the bug does not only affect new Sims, but also Sims who had started the game in Batuu, but then had abandoned (to return perhaps at a later time). My Sims do not possess the degree in fine arts, the Ancient Bloodline or the Business trait, however, they are two occults, a mermaid and a wizard.

Message 57 of 204 (1,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'll try to sum up my current understanding of the bug and my current investigation status in a clear manner.

The bug itself:

Mission tasks register as Sims perform them, but when all mission tasks are complete:

1) The tasks are being checked, but not removed from the Mission (Career) Panel.

2) Mission Complete notification does not appear.

3) The Sim does not get Batuu Credits for the mission.

4) Traveling in Batuu afterwards causes all current Batuu Credits to disappear.

Sims new to Batuu:

Currently known bug triggers:

1) Sim has a Fine Arts degree (any of the 4 variants).

2) Sim has the Business Savvy trait.

I have tested both triggers with my current Sims and with new Sims (with no other skills/traits/completed aspirations inside a new game.

[Cheats were used to both add and remove those triggers (can't remove those with game play, anyway)]

Known trigger not yet reproduced:

1) Ancient Bloodline trait.

I was NOT able to reproduce the bug by adding this trait with cheats to a new Sim. I am currently working on testing this through game play.

@lcomp12was able to clear the bug by removing the Ancient Bloodline trait (with cheats - again, no other way to do this).

Other traits and degrees, as well as skills and completed aspirations that I've tested do NOT seem to affect the bug. While I haven't tested all of them, I have covered most of them. With skills, I have tested all but Medium. [I have not included toddler and child traits, nor did I try to send a teen to Batuu]

Sims returning to Batuu:

Since I only started playing with Batuu last weekend, I have no investigative data on that yet. Also, it is not always clear to me if Simmers report Sims who are returning to Batuu, or are new to Batuu.

Currently Suspected Triggers:

1) Occult Sims

2) Mermaids

3) Magicians

I highly suspect that these triggers are still relevant for returning Sims:

* Fine Arts Degree

* Business Savvy

It is possible that simply returning to Batuu is a trigger, regardless of non-Batuu status, but it's just my suspicion.

This only represents my current understanding of the bug, as far as I could gather from what other Simmers have posted, as well my own experience and testing.

Regardless, as far as I'm concerned, this is all the same bug. It may have multiple triggers, but it ultimately has the same presentation - Batuu Missions not ending when all tasks complete.

I do NOT have the following packs: Dream Decorator, Laundry Day, Paranormal, Kids Room, Toddler, My First Pet, Throwback, Country Kitchen, Courtyard, Bust the Dust.

[Obviously, I cannot attest or test whether or not the bug existed in previous versions, or how Sims who already interacted with Batuu in previous versions are affected]

Message 58 of 204 (1,021 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@lcomp12, I am still unable to reproduce the bug with Ancient Bloodline. This time I tried with a teen born with the trait.

I also tried giving her the same skills and traits you specified from your Sim. This didn't work. I'm probably missing something here.

BTW, just to verify - this is your Sim's first time in Batuu, right?

Message 59 of 204 (986 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@MetaSuperficial Thank you so much for all the effort you are putting into this. As for my Sims, the couple had been on Batuu before the bug (I couldn't tell you for sure when it started, but many suspect since the last update patch). During their first stay on Batuu, they had both successfully completed both Scoundrel and Resistance missions, and had correctly moved up in rank.
At some point, however, I got bored of playing on Batuu and let them return home without completing the maximum rank advancement (to give you an idea, the last time I played Batuu before now must have been 4-5 months ago).
As I wrote to you above, they don't possess the triggers you mention, but they are almost Super Sims, having completed several Aspirations, and they are indeed two occult ones.
I'm about to test the possibility to buy a new droid (another bug related to this one), my two Sims already own one each, however they should be able to buy another one, I'll let you know how it goes.
Message 60 of 204 (974 Views)