Re: [WORKAROUND] [JTB] Game crash/freeze when 'Freshen up at the Dwelling'

by crawler1218

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I just bought the pack. I have a super sim, so she never have amy needs tvesides fun that goes down, so I am in big trouble then if the reason behind it is that :O means that I wasted money on this pack Disappointed
Maybe I will try and remove the traits and reequip them right after I «freshen up». But that is stupid. Is there any more of those steps to take? Man this is a stupid hugh bug they should have managed to fix by now! 

Message 61 of 69 (1,430 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, I remove steel bladder antiseptic and hardly hungry. Still it froze up. Then I started a new game for testing.No skills whatsoever. No problem. Not happy about this at all.

Message 62 of 69 (1,397 Views)

Hero
@crawler1218 What other traits do your Sims have ? Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 69 (1,373 Views)

Re: Game crash when "freshen up at the Dweling"

★★★★ Novice

my sims4 crashes all the time.... fed up with it

Message 64 of 69 (1,311 Views)

Hero
@rkidd188 on freshening up in the dwelling as described in this thread or generally ?

Have you tried the workaround ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 69 (1,291 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey,

You gave a brilliant idea and it worked.

So its not the hygiene bar it's self, but I noticed that at a certain point on the time/task bar bit (sorry I can't think what to call it) it froze about 3/4 the way through.

So I cancelled the action before it got to that point. 

So if you do it little by little, keep checking if it's checked off/ completed. And Voilà. 

It's done.

Message 66 of 69 (1,269 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes when I try to freshen up on Batuu

★ Novice

Thanks traits.remove_trait trait_SteelBladder worked for me! Huge save for me! Thank you very much!

Message 67 of 69 (1,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I finally was able to get to freshen up after purging my inventory and going to the magical realm and performed a rite of dissolution (leaving magic guild). Looks like I have too many packs installed and they aren't compatible with the star wars pack.

I play on xbone and have all the traits as you can't remove them on console.

Message 68 of 69 (1,168 Views)

Hero

The game no longer freezes when Sims “Freshen up at the Dwelling” at Black Spire Outpost.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 69 (3,131 Views)