Re: Game crash when "freshen up at the Dweling"

by alyssabriseno

Original Post

Sims 4 crashes when I try to freshen up on Batuu

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All game packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Freshen up while in Batuu Black Spire
What happens when the bug occurs? Total game becomes nonresponsive and must be incorrectly shut down
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to freshen up and then be available for another task, idk what the game is supposed to do for this as it is part of the newest content.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

game doesn't generate a crash report because it is too locked up from the issue

Message 41 of 69 (1,756 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashes when I try to freshen up on Batuu

★ Guide

I am having the same problem.  The only way out for me was to shut down my computer manually, I couldn't get to my task manager.  This happened twice and I am not trying again.  This pack is unplayable for me.  I sent a Sim from a family I have been playing for the last two years and I don't want to start over and shouldn't have to. Very frustrated because since the last patch I have been experiencing a lot of bugs.  Freelance career is shot, gardening is messed up and now this.

Message 42 of 69 (1,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

So, after some testing the cause might have been found

It's the Steel Bladder trait (thanks to MCCC Discord folks for helping me figure that out)

Could everyone try to remove the trait and see if it then works

traits.remove_trait trait_SteelBladder

after Batuu, add it again with 

traits.equip_trait trait_SteelBladder

Don't know if this disables achievements for console players. It doesn't need testingcheats.

@Jan_831 @psusenas @DizzyMJ_Hoopz @Nymirri @kririley7 @watchingponies @Kefi1975 

If you don't have the steel bladder on the Sim, do you have any other traits that help with bladder/hygiene needs or set them to frozen with cheats ?

Possible other traits

• Antiseptic
  • ForeverFresh
  • NeverWeary (possibly with sleeping)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 69 (3,578 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ha ! Confirmed, Crin. 
Yep, that's it. My guy was able to freshen up, 6 times in a row.

Message 44 of 69 (1,651 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

What is an old and new save game file?

Message 45 of 69 (1,641 Views)

Hero
@alyssabriseno Old would be the one you have the issue on, new is starting a fresh save by pressing the new button on the main menu.

If you have this issue, could you try my suggestion above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 69 (1,638 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin, thank you once again!  I removed the steel bladder trait, but that didn't work, so I then removed all the hygiene traits I had plus Seldom Sleepy.  The ones I removed were Antiseptic, Forever Fresh, Seldom Sleepy and Steel Bladder.  That did the trick.  I was able to freshen up without issue several times.

Just a side note, this happened every time last night too, when she comes out of the dwelling my icon switches to another player who is at home.  It's annoying but I can deal with it, just thought I would mention it.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Message 47 of 69 (1,626 Views)

Hero
@Jan_831 Great. Thanks for confirming that it's others as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 69 (1,616 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict You're really my hero. What a smart solution! Thank you!
Message 49 of 69 (1,590 Views)

★ Guide

You're Welcome, thank you!!

Message 50 of 69 (1,574 Views)