Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Invisible Nanny

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, not sure what you mean by me too button though lol

Message 11 of 35 (2,520 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I will send you private message with link to file.

Message 12 of 35 (2,521 Views)

Hero

@retrochansmith wrote:

Ok, not sure what you mean by me too button though lol

Check the first post of this thread. There's a button labeled Me Too (unless you're logged in with another language that it would be the same translated to your language)

The number of me toos on a thread are an important indication for QA to see how widespread it is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 35 (2,516 Views)

★ Guide

I just had this happen with mine. I couldn't find her and a baby was crying for ages. I sent dad to feed her but she abruptly vanished from the bassinet! 😳

She eventually reappeared but frozen, unmoving even though she now has sleep Z's. I had him bounce her and she was fine after that but it keeps happening with each baby (triplets) and they reappear frozen until the parents interact with them.

It's very creepy... 🤪

Message 14 of 35 (2,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue now (twice in a row).

The maid is visible but the au pair isn't. She talks to the kids, but I had hired her because she needed to bathe them.. but she didn't nor could I have the kids tell her that.

One time she didn't appear at all, kid went to day care instead, and when the parents came back, au pair showed up... 

I'll try and send my save file to the link mentioned earlier too.

Message 15 of 35 (2,117 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Invisible Nanny

★★★ Guide

When my sim comes home and dismisses the nanny, they leave and disappear from the lot. Almost immediately I will get another notification that the nanny is here (did not request it). I can't see them at all, but my sims get queue actions to interact with the nanny autonomously, but it doesn't appear that anything actually happens.

If I go to the world screen and back to the house I can see the nanny again.

The home is a Tiny Living Lot - Microhome, on the Windenburg Island.  Two sims in household. One mother and toddler.

Message 16 of 35 (1,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hey! I'm finding this happening sometimes like when I'm about to go to work and my sim is late for work due to some kind of interaction thats interrupting him going to work, the game will bug out and ask me to miss work just after i have called a nanny! But then I click on no and my sim goes to work then the game acts like if the nanny has come over but I don't see her/him but there is food there, (nanny's always make food and never eat it! Also luckily my toddler is just sleeping the whole day!) But yeah we still have to end up paying the nanny and can't dismiss them when our sims come home! I found out however, if you enter cheat, CAS mode then go back to the game, the nanny does reappear! So there is some kind of a fix to this!

Message 17 of 35 (1,935 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac 
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 1005
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Paranormal stuff 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Nannies show up visible 
What happens when the bug occurs? The Nanny is invisible, but still cooks cleans and watches TV. Because the Nanny is invisible I can't dismiss her.
What do you expect to see? A visible sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 18 of 35 (1,721 Views)

Invisable nannies

★ Apprentice

After the last update, when the nanny's shift ends and she is rehired, when she comes back she is invisible.  Some times I can see what she does but not her.  Like the toddler will jump into the highchair and suddenly have food or food will be prepared but no one can be seen doing it.  Most of the time going back to the map and reentering the household will bring her back but not all the time.

It's really strange to say the least...

Tony

Message 19 of 35 (1,701 Views)

Re: Invisable nannies

Hero
@Geezerbiker I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 35 (1,659 Views)