by halloweenchild13

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Invisible Nanny

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for My first Pet and Bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? The Nanny is invisible, but still cooks cleans and watches TV. Because the Nanny is invisible I can't dismiss her.
What do you expect to see? A visible sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A strange glitch/bug just happened to me in my game, I decided to send my current sim family off to volunteer leaving the toddler at home. As per normal, I was given the option to hire a Nanny or send the kid off to Daycare, since I'm still having the Daycare bug I decided to hire a Nanny. I got the pop-up box stating that the Nanny was there and was going to look after the kid, awesome I thought so I decided to keep an eye on my sims toddler who was running around jacked up on sugar. once the family returned home I swapped to one of the adults to dismiss the Nanny, only to find that I can't see them (my sims TV was on so I assumed the sim was there watching the TVbut they're not there) so I check all three floors of my sims house, nope, not in the house, I check the yard, not there, I zoom out and check the street, not there either. 

So is this a bug or is the Nanny secretly The Ninja from TS2? 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title.

Message 1 of 35 (24,107 Views)

Re: Invisible Nanny

Hero

Hi @halloweenchild13

did you check if going to the map and coming back or restarting the game makes her visible ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (24,048 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Just did this and it worked, thanks Standard smile
Message 3 of 35 (24,030 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Mine does this, Can this be fixed so it doesn't happen?

Message 4 of 35 (23,834 Views)

Hero
Does it happen on a regular basis for you, @retrochansmith ?

Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 35 (23,813 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am using what was from the origin store. No mods. 

Message 6 of 35 (23,806 Views)

Hero
So it happens all the time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (23,802 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It happens alot.

Message 8 of 35 (23,790 Views)

Hero
Moving this back to bugs then.

Would be good if you click that me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 35 (23,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @retrochansmith 

Can we get the save file where you are experiencing this issue? A bit of info regarding the household will also be helpful!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks a lot! Standard smile

Message 10 of 35 (23,767 Views)