Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Open Water ladders not showing under show all filter

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, cats and dogs, island living, get to work, get famous, snowy escape, jungle adventure, vampires, spa day, realm of magic, my first pet, back yard stuff, romantic garden, tiny living, nifty knitting, paranormal, spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode on an owned home beach lot. Go to where the island living ladder should be. It's not there. It's not under the water catagory or the pool accessories catagory. It's nowhere to be found on a home lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ladder literally doesn't show up. On a public beach lot it does but on a home lot I had to go into debug to get it and even then it doesn't work properly. Sims won't jump from it. They can only climb it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the ladder in the correct spot!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The cottage living patch

That's it.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, adjusted title, added  tag

Message 1 of 9 (6,996 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Island living ladder not appearing on home lots

Hero

The Island Living Open ladders do now appear under Show All so this bug was fixed.

Bild_2023-02-13_132456343.png

They  also appear under Water Features - Open Waters and Water Features - All which sounds like the correct filters to me (they are not pool objects although I find the ladder icon for pool icons a bit misleading :D

They also show up under transportation still which I'm certain is still a bug but there's a new thread for that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/IL-Open-Water-ladders-showing-under-transportation-filter/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (2,458 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I just checked in my game and am confirming this as well. I looked all over in where pool objects would be and it does not appear. Nor does it appear when you select just Island Living objects that should pull up everything. It doesn't show up at all. 

The save I am playing currently has no mods and all packs and is fully updated. 

Message 2 of 9 (6,969 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DezzyDoesThings I found it under the new water feature category. It's not showing under ladders as expected but it's under all

Bild_2021-07-21_101237.png

EDIT: It can also be found under open water objects

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (6,956 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict That did work thank you 😊
Message 4 of 9 (6,915 Views)

Island Living Ocean Ladder Missing?

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Outdoor Retreat, Dine out, Vampires, Parenthood, Stranger Ville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party, Romantic Garden, Backyard, My First Pet Stuff, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ocean ladder from Island Living not visible in Build/Buy mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Ocean ladder even cannot be placed on Residential lots
What do you expect to see? The Ocean Ladder in build/buy
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 7/20/21 Patch where the Pool objects were moved to a different tab.

Message 5 of 9 (6,844 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Island Living Ocean Ladder Missing?

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue too, but I found it. If you go into the tab "Objects By Function" then go to the new "Water Features" tab, there's a menu called "Open Water Objects." The Open Water Ladder is in there. I hope this helps!

Message 6 of 9 (6,815 Views)

Re: Island Living Ocean Ladder Missing?

★★★★★ Newbie
@toxxicpineapple I found them! thank you so much!! I thought I was going insane lol
Message 7 of 9 (6,635 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

They are under transportation in my game.

Message 8 of 9 (4,027 Views)

Hero

The Island Living Open ladders do now appear under Show All so this bug was fixed.

Bild_2023-02-13_132456343.png

They  also appear under Water Features - Open Waters and Water Features - All which sounds like the correct filters to me (they are not pool objects although I find the ladder icon for pool icons a bit misleading :D

They also show up under transportation still which I'm certain is still a bug but there's a new thread for that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/IL-Open-Water-ladders-showing-under-transportation-filter/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,459 Views)