Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [IL] Former Elemental becomes Hysterical with no Playful Moodlet

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get to Work, Discover University, Seasons, and Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm unsure. It seems to happen at random intervals.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim suddenly becomes hysterical, with no playful moodlet and not enough happy moodlets to boost it to hysterical if there were a playful moodlet.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sim either having enough moodlets to justify being hysterical or not becoming hysterical in the first place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried exiting to the world, playing a different household, then returning to this one, and I tried using resetsim, but he was still hysterical. I have also tried giving him other positive moodlets like energized or inspired to get rid of it, but that hasn't worked as far as I can see. It has a pattern of happening at the same time as when my other sim with the child of the island trait gets a mood buff for honoring island culture. The sim getting the hysterical mood has the trait sulani mana, if that could be altering things. I've attached a screenshot if my explanation was unclear.

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (1,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim Becoming Hysterical with no Playful Moodlet

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I removed trait_Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental, and it appears that trait is the Sulani Mana trait. I eneded up being able to download the sim info mod, and removed a trait called trait_IslanderCulture_Islander and I haven't seen him become hysterical again while fast forwarding a few days. I will update you if it pops up again while I'm playing.

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (1,345 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim Becoming Hysterical with no Playful Moodlet

Hero
@LeafyTub Is it just that particular Sim you're having issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,312 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@LeafyTub did he have any playful moodlets before?
Message 3 of 12 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@LeafyTubIs your Sim a former Sulani elemantal? How did he move in (this process should remove hidden playful buff)?

p.s. it's buff_Trait_IslandAncestors_Spirit_ElementalPower which might be the culprit

Message 4 of 12 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Yes it is just this sim. @Cyclone_Sims He did not have any playful moodlets before this. @kusurusu Yes he was a sulani elemental. My female sim was able to ask him to move in after they'd become good enough friends, so I did that interaction with him, but he instantly became living when he moved in, which I think is also a bug. I tried to get him to still be a ghost when he moved in, but nothing I tried worked, and I figured it wouldn't be an issue. Maybe that first bug is causing this one?
Message 5 of 12 (1,242 Views)

Hero
@LeafyTub Can you try removing that trait kusurusu mentioned ? I don't think the Sims should have stayed an elemental when moving in but seems that not all the traits were removed correctly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I have removed the trait, and I fast forwarded through a couple days but he still became hysterical. I tried to remove it again, but that still didn't work. Is there a way I can check if the trait was removed successfully in the game files?
Message 7 of 12 (1,221 Views)

Hero
@LeafyTub only if you use a mod.

EIther MCCC or a mod called Show/Search Sim Info Mod

You can check hidden traits with that.

If you don't want to add a mod, can you upload the Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I tried to download the mods you mentioned, but I couldn't get either of them to work, so I've uploaded him to the gallery. His name is Aleki Lefao and I've uploaded him as that. Here is a link https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F37C688D953711EA840A7ED018DCA8E8?category=ho...
Message 9 of 12 (1,179 Views)

Hero
@LeafyTub

He has a reward trait though called trait_Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental.

Could you try if removing that makes a difference ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,137 Views)