Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Dried Scales Moodlet Won't Go Away

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My mermaid Sim got low hydration and triggered the Dried Scales buff, and it didn't go away again.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Dried Scales buff stayed (over a day, as long as it's been) despite rehydrating, resetting sim, and making sim happy.
What do you expect to see? The Dried Scale buff should go away once hydration returns to green.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living

Increasing hydration should remove the Dried Scales buff.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 48 (30,608 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Dried Scales Moodlet Won't Go Away

Hero

Mermaids will no longer keep the “Dried Scales” Moodlet when they are hydrated.
Mermaids’ skin care regimen pays off! Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 48 of 48 (4,789 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dried Scales Won't Go Away

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me while my Sim was at work, he got home and the moodlet remained even though the firs tthing I did was to go for a bath. It went away the next day during work hours though.

Message 2 of 48 (30,521 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Dried Scales Moodlet Won't Go Away

★ Apprentice

This has also been happening to me, I thought it might be CC so I did a a cleanout of my mods, deleted cache files, and tried playing again and it seemed to stop happening. While playing my sim in a new session today everything seemed to be behaving normally, my sim suffered from low hydration at various points and the buff was removed as normal when he hydrated sufficiently, and then in the same gameplay session about an in-game day or so later (after going to work) he got the dry scales moodlet from low hydration but when attempting to rehydrate the buff gets 'stuck' and keeps showing the increasing red arrows of the dry scales effect despite swimming/showering etc. to try and get rid of it.

Message 3 of 48 (30,434 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So the only thing I could find that worked for me to get rid of it is when I left my current lot and went to another. I guess reloading the game fixes itself. Idk if itll work for everybody but it worked for me. 

Message 4 of 48 (30,413 Views)

★★ Novice

For me what worked was moving the sim to another household and then moving her back.

Message 5 of 48 (30,410 Views)

This has also happened to me. She came back from work with low hydration but even after filling up the hydration bar the moodlet persisted. Even the moodlet solver potion wouldn’t make it go away. It only went away when my sim travelled to another lot.

Message 6 of 48 (30,385 Views)

Mermaid stuck with dry scales mood

★★ Novice

My mermaid came home from work with the dry scales mood so I sent her in the ocean to fix this. The hydration bar filled up green but she still has the dry scales mood. I have tried having her do different tasks that would bring up the hydration and that didn't work. The bar is completely green but still dry scales mood. I am currently not playing with any mods so I don't think there would be an issue.

Message 7 of 48 (30,255 Views)

Re: Mermaid stuck with dry scales mood

Hero
@SpectresValkyrie

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 48 (30,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I thought I saw the bugged moodlet disappear when I used CAS in the game to change something about my sim, so I decided to try and test that the next time the bug would occur. After some play time today my merman sim glitched again and was not getting rid of the dry scales moodlet even after hydrating. I clicked the "Plan Outfit" option on a dresser, clicked ok without changing anything, and then voila the moodlet disappeared. I didn't have to go off the home lot to fix it. I am assuming this might also work by entering CAS with a mirror and exiting the same way, but I only tested with a dresser. This workaround might help other people having the same issue :3

TL;DR if you get this moodlet glitch you might be able to remove it just by going into CAS from a dresser/mirror and exiting again.

Edit By Crinrict: Removed marked as solution for visibility text

Message 9 of 48 (30,173 Views)

★★ Guide

Plan outfits works as a successful workaround to remove the glitched moodlet, can confirm.

Interestingly, moodlet solver also doesn't get rid of it.

Message 10 of 48 (30,133 Views)