Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Household members turning into neighbors/ Can't use doors

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, sorry!
What happens when the bug occurs? I have two sims in the household. One sim is marked over his head as a neighbor and he cannot go through doors in the house.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to be able to move through the house like normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://gyazo.com/5a2534c0a78ca2430f36a3a80c053fe4

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 7 of 120 (36,261 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Doors are not working anymore

Hero

In an attempt to curtail unwarranted surreal horror gameplay, household members should no longer randomly be labeled as neighbors and become unable to use doors.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 120 of 120 (2,302 Views)

All Replies

Sims cant enter/use doors

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? just updated today with everything.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all game and expansions, i do not remember which of the stuff packs I got installed, it can probably be seen from my account.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure why it started happening, but suddenly the door is not functional for my sim, however, the butler can run around as wanted. My sim is just standing and stomping her ground.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim refuses to go into the house and use doors, does not help to delete it and use another door, only thing that works is to place archways on all doors instead.
What do you expect to see? I ask sim to go through the door without an issue and no saying "there is no way"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest expansion eco life.

I have tried to remove the door and pay for a new one, and seems to only work with the arch doors (with no doors in them) 
Butler seems to be able to use them.

I have been having a lock on for neighbours / others for a while but it all worked there, then I switched it off. afterwords there it seems to be a problem.

I tried resetting sims / doors but does not happen. 

I rechecked all privileges on doors seems to be allowing "all" to come in. 

Message 1 of 120 (36,343 Views)

Re: Sims cant enter/use doors

Hero
@Tari_art What lot are you playing on?

What kind of doors have you tried ? Do sliding doors work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 120 (36,331 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict hello I have tried both double doors and single doors and sliding doors. only thing that seems to work is the arches since there is no "door" in it.

The plot is rebuild from the port in the new area not sure what the name is of it. (was off the grid but changed the plot completely)
Message 3 of 120 (36,318 Views)

Hero

Hi @Tari_art 

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 120 (36,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Hello again, I have uploaded it to my Googledrive, you should be able to find it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWg12ZWaw7GYQ3gvrVYPjlEyf_lNw74Z/view?usp=sharing

the save you are looking for is the one with the "grøn" with last name, along with her plot. If you have trouble finding it please let me know then ill restrict the save to the plot/sims only. 

CM Edit: Merged subsequent posts into this one:

Edit:

Doors are now working again after a break for 2 hours. - I have no idea why or how.

Edit:

leaving the plot and coming back triggers it - so that is how you reproduce it.

Edit:

sliding doors seems to work, same with garden doors. its just normal house doors two doors and one door.

Edit:

So I did a bit more testing, it is only the house with the sim with last name "grøn" - seems they can go out of normal doors but not enter the house with it. - changed the side door with a sliding door - but it seems they get trapped outside. I do apologize for the spam.

Message 5 of 120 (36,260 Views)

Hero
@Tari_art Thanks, I'll test this when I get a chance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 120 (36,194 Views)

Re: Sim Marked as Neighbor despite being in household

Hero
@misslune Can you try splitting the household and re-add the SIm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 120 (36,230 Views)

Re: Sim Marked as Neighbor despite being in household

★★★★ Novice

I tried that and he still was a neighbor.  I've also repaired the game and moved them in and out of the house.

Message 9 of 120 (36,225 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict ill wait with patience from here Standard smile also made a new game to see if I can reproduce it on another lot.
Message 10 of 120 (36,171 Views)