Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Household members becoming not full members of the household

by misslune

Original Post

Re: Sim Marked as Neighbor despite being in household

★★ Novice

I just had the same issue. I split him out of my house. Then placed him in the world. Actually played him a second then reemerged him back and it went away. Not the best solution but it seems to have worked.

Message 11 of 120 (5,873 Views)

Re: Sims cant enter/use doors

Hero
@Tari_art Do you have just one Sim in your household ? Can you try adding a second and see if that has the same issue, just for testing purposes until I get a chance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 120 (5,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@misslune Could you also try placing him in another house first before moving back in ?

I wonder if other reports of not being able to enter are related to this like this for example: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Knox-won-t-come-in-house-once-moved-in/m-p/9175247

Questions to you guys:

• Do you have Uni ? If so, did you place any room mate ads ?
  • Did you move in the Sim that became like this at some point or was he part of the household from start ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 120 (5,849 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hello again, seems like after I added my "fat thor" who does not share same traits, but I also noticed another thing, "Grete Grøn" is noted as "neighbor" on her own plot. - Could this be the reason why the doors are bugging? After moving her into another plot and moving her back to her old plot the doors are now working.
Message 14 of 120 (5,836 Views)

Hero
@Tari_art Sounds a lot like this report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Household-members-becoming-not-full-members-of-the...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 120 (5,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'll try actually placing him and see if that helps.  I have Uni, but I started the household off as him and never tried to get a roommate.  

Edit:  Tried placing him.  When he was on his new lot, he was fine.  As soon as I moved him back to his old lot, he was marked as a neighbor again.  

Message 16 of 120 (5,813 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Household members becoming not full members of the household

★★★★ Novice

Ok, I managed to fix it.  For those that might have the same problem, I first moved the problem sim out onto an actual lot.  I think moved his spouse out and had her join the same lot.  I then went in game to verify he was flagged correctly and because he was, moved the entire family back onto their original lot.  

Message 17 of 120 (40,066 Views)

Hero
@Tari_art I merged your thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 120 (5,795 Views)

Sim added to household is being treated like they are a neighbor

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i have been playing the same game file for a couple days without exiting the game. I've only saved the game and left it running on pause. I came home and tried to play the game. I had added Tina Tinker to my household and made her my girlfriend. It was working fine at first but then it would no longer allow tina to go through any doors on the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I hover over Tina it says that she is a neighbor but she is still in my household and I can have her do things but it wont let her go in my house. When I click on her while playing my sim it only gives me the option to invite her in my house.
What do you expect to see? Tina should be part of my household and should be able to get in my house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DoexHFr-xGT6h6k3xpqkvim_BW8q0ib6/view?usp=sharing

Message 19 of 120 (5,775 Views)

Re: Sim added to household is being treated like they are a neighbor

Hero
@rain22553 Merged your post with the existing report on this.

Could you try the workaround ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 120 (5,753 Views)