Re: Main Sim Is Labeled a Neighbor?

by V1talV1rus

Original Post

Bug needs fixing-housemate now neighbor

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, cottage living, toddler stuff, vampires, werewolves, spellcasters, get to work, eco lifestyle and more.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure how I opened my save file and this just keeps occurring.
What happens when the bug occurs? The mother of the kids is now the neighbor? She lives with the kids but her name shows the neighbor red tag.
What do you expect to see? The kids have normal interactions with the mother and vice versa.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the newest version update.

The mom who lives in the same house is now categorized as neighbor.

Message 81 of 120 (699 Views)

Main Sim Is Labeled a Neighbor?

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High School Years, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Werewolves, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, My First Pet, Fitness, Spooky, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hovering over the Sim or trying to click on her when controlling another Sim in the household.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot click on the Sim to do anything, when I click on the Sim when controlling her husband it only gives me the option to invite her in, etc.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see all the normal options for a Sim in my household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven't downloaded any custom content recently, but this only started happening the last 2 days.

I have had very little problems since the last patch. I had my Sims dying from starvation even when they just started to get hungry (i.e. after sleeping all night), but that fixed. Now the problems are the needs bars sometimes staying yellow and now this where my Sim is declared a neighbor even though I've played with her the whole time. This only started happening the last two days. Now I can't click on her to do anything (i.e. practice singing or anything like that) and when controlling her husband and I click on her, I only get the option to "invite in". She lives here and is her wife, but when you hover over her, it says neighbor? I have not downloaded any CC in the last two days. In the past, yes, but I always remove buggy CC/mods after I download them.

Message 82 of 120 (700 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How is this bug still not fixed??

Message 83 of 120 (618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, that problem is fixed, but now I'm having this issue:

Capture.PNG

And it's only this Sim. She only has one piece of CC on and I've used it on other Sims.

Message 84 of 120 (558 Views)

Hero
@thatcherjoe50 Looks like this outfit issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Belted-Cardigan-causes-Sims-to-stretch-to-the-side/td-p/115623...

Please post there. This thread is about the neighbor issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 120 (542 Views)

Sim is no longer playable, registers as neighbor only

★★★ Newbie

Suddenly my sim is considered only a “neighbor” and I no longer have control over my own sim! Tried everything I can think of, but I don’t think this can be solved and I’ll have to scrap the entire character! What’s happening? Anyone else dealing with this?

Message 86 of 120 (538 Views)

Re: Sim is no longer playable, registers as neighbor only

Community Manager

Hey there @CloudChaser8735,

Do you use mods/CC in your game currently? 

solaire.png

Message 87 of 120 (509 Views)

★ Guide

I'm on PS5 and keep getting this issue periodically. I do the move the Sim out and back in to fix it. It still randomly happens. I can't figure out what triggers it to happen. it isn't always the same Sim. They are, however, always young adult or adult Sims. Haven't had the issue with any teens, children, or toddlers. I'm glad there's a fix. It doesn't disrupt play a bit, Having to move them out and move them back in loses time to work on skills for the young. And I have to watch when I move them out or children/teens end up not going to school/adults not going to work and they get negative consequences. 

Message 88 of 120 (487 Views)

★ Guide

It DOES disrupt gameplay. It won't let me edit my post to fix the grammar. 

Message 89 of 120 (484 Views)

Household sim labeled as Neighbor

★★★ Newbie

A sim in my current household is labeled as "neighbor." I can't click on her to perform things like: change outfit, go on a jog, etc. I saved my game and exited, but it was the same when I started again. I've been playing with her for a while, and this has happened all of the sudden.

Message 90 of 120 (459 Views)