Re: [WORKAROUND] Household members turning into neighbors/ Can't use doors

by InternWaffle

Original Post

cant click on my sim above thir name says neighbor

★★ Newbie

i was playing my sim and u know how u can click on your sim and stuff come up. when i tryed to click on my sism it had Neighbor above it and wont let me click on it but i can still give them orders. what i do to fix it

Message 51 of 120 (968 Views)

Re: cant click on my sim above thir name says neighbor

★★★★ Expert

@Baronnvonx  Read this thread to see if it matches your issue, there is a workaround:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Household-members-turning-into-neighbors-Can-t-use/...

If it does, then click Me Too and post in the thread. If it doesn't you need to read in the bug forum, looking for the right report, or make one yourself, on a modfree game.

Message 52 of 120 (939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The door thing seems to be happening again. Mitch at the Roomies household couldn't get into his bedroom when he went outside. I just went into build mode and clicked his door and unclicked it and it fixed the problem, but it seems to be a more nefarious problem with community lots. The Paragons can't use Bath De Rille any more, and the game seems to be crashing whenever I send Sims to community lots. It always seems to be an issue with doors.

I have all the packs except for Snowy Escapes, Batuu, and the 80s kit and the newest kit with the Moroccan décor that came out this week. I have some mods, but they're all updated as of this morning and that did not fix anything. It's still crashing because of missing doors.

Message 53 of 120 (908 Views)

Re: Sims cant enter/use doors

★★★ Guide
@Tari_art I'm having the same problem, but also with archways. I literally just had to knock a section of wall out so my sim could use the bathroom
Message 54 of 120 (865 Views)

Main Sim is now just a neighbor. Can't access her own lot

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My main female Sim is now listed as a "neighbor" and can't access the lot without being invited in. Her picture is still at the bottom, the male Sim is still listed as her spouse, but I can''t click on her other than to shift click reset.
What do you expect to see? My Sim to be the lot owner she was a few minutes ago, be able to access her own lot and for me to be able to play her as my Sim again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've been playing Cottage Living since it came out without this happening. Today my female Sim went to work and when she returned, the game decided she was just a neighbor and wouldn't allow her to access her own lot without being invited in. Her picture is still at the bottom as though she is a household member, but I can't click on her. I've reset her several times and restarted the game twice and nothing changed. Her profile still lists my male Sim as her spouse and his profile lists her as his spouse but above her head it says neighbor. I can still access her inventory and make her do things but nothing that involves clicking on her directly. 

Message 55 of 120 (882 Views)

Re: Main Sim is now just a neighbor. Can't access her own lot

Champion
@kidlitwriter have you tried using the household manager to move her out temporarily, and then back in again?
Message 56 of 120 (882 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks. Yeah, I did. Didn't help. It's the strangest thing. I can edit her in CAS. I can make her do things like "go here" or "plant" but I can't click on her at all. Even shift click only gives me the option to reset or cheat needs, nothing else. She still has the same relationships with her husband and her pets even though it says she's a neighbor. So odd. 

Message 57 of 120 (852 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

After trying a bunch of different suggested solutions that didn't work including deleting the local thumb cache, I had my Sim travel to a different lot with her husband and then back home and that seems to have done the trick. She is no longer just his neighbor. 

Message 58 of 120 (827 Views)

★ Guide

I just had this happen for the first time ever after installing the Eco Lifestyle trial.

Message 59 of 120 (731 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had never heard of this bug but had it a couple days ago.

In my case, my sim had a roommate. I removed the roommate's bed, and my sim's bed. When I placed a new bed, the game automatically 'assigned" it to the roommate, and not my own sim. My sim then could not use the door to enter the house, but could walk out of it if I teleported him inside. it took a day or two before I realized he was tagged as "neighbor".

I believe the game got confused with the roommate and didn't know how to handle it. In my case I moved the roommate into the family, kicked out my sim, and immediately added my sim (all in-game, without pausing, using debug options).

Message 60 of 120 (722 Views)