[WORKAROUND] Hairline cracks on face and clothing (Nvidia)

by TrainerKenta

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CAS] [GTW] Lines on face with hairstyle

★ Guide

I have a similar issue for quite some time now. I never paid too much attention to it, because I thought it was a small glitch, and maybe it was related to my video card (EVGA Geforce GTX 1070). Anyway, here are some pics:

Glitch-1.jpgGlitch-1a.jpgGlitch-2.jpgGlitch-2a.jpgGlitch-3.jpgGlitch-3a.jpgGlitch-4.jpgGlitch-4a.jpg

Message 81 of 95 (1,722 Views)

Hero
@DolphinSSA Moving this over to the Nvidia thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 95 (1,708 Views)

★ Guide

Boss0800's solution worked just fine! Thanks!

Message 83 of 95 (1,672 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Weird Facial Lines

★ Novice

nvidia inspector worked for the lines and cracks on my sims but i still have these white cracks throughout the entire game, you notice it the most in dark areas when in a certain camera angle. i checked on my other laptop and its the same thing.

Message 84 of 95 (1,504 Views)

Hero
@bxsnian Probably best if you made a separate thread for that. I do think we have one already but I can't find it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 95 (1,497 Views)

★★★ Guide
@bxsnian I'm seeing this as well.
Message 86 of 95 (1,111 Views)

★★★ Novice

same issue as well and I can not install that outside tool for some reason since I don’t have net(?). Is ea not fixing this or ignoring it 

Message 87 of 95 (876 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@bxsnian I do have this too, on the black foundation and several objects, university fireplace, one of the base game toilets etc... and sometime on sims skin.
Message 88 of 95 (816 Views)

[FFK] Flickering black lines on backpack sweater

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs up to the First Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just enter CAS and take a close look at one of the sweaters that came with The Sims 4 First Fit Kit, more specifically the one that has a backpack on the back. As the sim moves its body, you can see some black lines that are flickering.
What happens when the bug occurs? Flickering black lines appear on the front of the sweater, in more than one place, and also on the side.
What do you expect to see? I hope I don't see those black lines.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's a bug that arrived with the First Fit Kit pack. 1.91.186.1030

That's basically it, one of the sweaters that came with the First Fit Kit is showing a graphical bug that makes black lines appear and flickering. These black lines appear and disappear as the sim moves.

Open the image in a separate tab to open it in a larger size.

thesims4_first_fit_kit (1).pngthesims4_first_fit_kit (2).pngthesims4_first_fit_kit (3).pngthesims4_first_fit_kit (4).png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 89 of 95 (647 Views)

Re: [FFK] Flickering black lines on backpack sweater

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SimsTime They look fine in my game. Do you have a nvidia card ?

Could be this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Hairline-cracks-on-face-and-clothing-Nvidia/m-p/497...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 90 of 95 (611 Views)