[WORKAROUND] Hairline cracks on face and clothing (Nvidia)

by TrainerKenta

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Hairline crack on one of the Seasons Dresses

★ Guide

@crinrict that workaround sorted it. No hairline cracks!

Message 71 of 95 (1,481 Views)

Hero
@ChuChuExpress Merging your post then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 95 (1,479 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'll try this work-around, because I have the same issue, but it is everywhere in my game. My computer is really top notch, NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti graphic card.

When I say everywhere, I mean in CAS, on arms, on chest, on face, ears... but also on live mode objects, foundation...

I will try and see if it worked.

Message 73 of 95 (1,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Ok, so I have done what was asked here, and I cant see the difference, still having those lines in the foundation, but I havent seen it on sims themself, so it might have help, but the lines are still in live mode, on some objects.

See attached, the black foundation with horizontal lines, and on the other screenshot, look at the fireplace, there is a line that kind of separate it in half.

Message 74 of 95 (1,391 Views)

Hero
@Francoisf30 Unfortunately, you're pictures are way to dark. Can you do them during the day and then encircle the issue.

To me as you also have it on build mode issues and the workaround doesn't work, it might be best to create a new thread in tech for troubleshooting help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 95 (1,349 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Hairline cracks on face and clothing (Nvidia)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Same problem here. Started for me after an update from nvidia some year/years back.
Also, I wanna try the workaround but I can't really see anything in the pictures, way too small.

Message 76 of 95 (1,271 Views)

Hero
@SisterGloomy Open the picture in a new tab, then remove image-size and everything that comes after from the address bar to make it bigger

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 77 of 95 (1,251 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Unfortunately, even in day light, this is even harder to see, but I could easily see it at night. It also appears son top of the fireplace that came with university and on some base game toilet top and other place

Message 78 of 95 (1,242 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have the same issues, weird seams on some of sims' faces, though it seems to only occur with one specific base game hairstyle (the male wavy flip or whatever its called). I have tested this with and without mods & CC and it is ever-present, I am running a Windows 10 based PC with an Intel HD graphics program.
Message 79 of 95 (1,119 Views)

Hero
@AedanStarfang There's several hairstyles that do that. This thread is specifically for the Nvidia issue as they occur on random places

You probably mean this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CAS-GTW-Lines-on-face-with-Get-To-Work-hairstyle/td-p/688...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 95 (1,079 Views)