Re: The Sims 4 Create a Sim bug Facial Lines

by TrainerKenta

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Hairline cracks on face and clothing (Nvidia)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open Create a Sim and Select A Sim. Seems to only happen on Nvidia cards
What happens when the bug occurs? I am having this odd issue with my The Sims 4 game. It's been an issue since launch but it doesn't seem to be getting addressed. Not sure why it's doing this on my Sims but if you will notice under the Sims lip there are some lines that shouldn't be there. It doesn't always display on that part, sometimes it's the top part of the head or even in the hair. The bug appears when I'm creating a new Sim or when I'm editing a Sim in CAS, it varies too but it's always there on some part of The Sims body. UPDATE: It also happens in game as well it appears as seen in the new screenshot.
What do you expect to see? No lines
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since September 2nd 2014.

UPDATE: A temporary fix that works for me is disabling Edge Smoothing

Issue

I am having this odd issue with my The Sims 4 game. It's been an issue since launch but it doesn't seem to be getting addressed. Not sure why it's doing this on my Sims but if you will notice under the Sims lip there are some lines that shouldn't be there. It doesn't always display on that part, sometimes it's the top part of the head or even in the hair. 

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Open Create a Sim and Select A Sim

Picture

Picture has been attached. 

Where does the bug occur ?

The bug appears when I'm creating a new Sim or when I'm editing a Sim in CAS, it varies too but it's always there on some part of The Sims body. UPDATE: It also happens in game as well it appears as seen in the new screenshot. 

Mods/CC

Game has no mods or custom content!

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

I own all packs to date and will own GT when it releases on December 7th at 9:00pm. 

Occurring since

Since September 2nd 2014.

Operating system

Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

Video Card

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970M and Geforce GTX 980 (these are not being used together but separate)

Message 1 of 95 (37,501 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Weird Facial Lines

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Marking this as solution for visibility. It's still a unsolved bug

This works for me.

Download Nvidia Inspector [Removed]

Follow these steps

m76w4w.jpg

2mgm6uf.jpg

25sr8ck.jpg

ftq1dd.jpg

9aycjt.jpg

No more facial lines :D

2cgerro.jpg

10zn70g.jpg

View in thread

Message 33 of 95 (43,268 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does look a bit like a graphics glitch.

Can you upload your Sims so I can check if I have it on my game too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 95 (37,294 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Check out my gallery, sociala93. All the Sims on there are having the same issue. Infact it's not just Sims I create. It's any Sim that I download. I went on the gallery and the sim Drake Hayes has the same issue. To find him just sort by most popular. I did test this on a friends computer who has a AMD card and they don't appear to have the same issue I'm having. 

Message 3 of 95 (37,267 Views)

Hero

I have a Nvidia 550ti and I can't see the issue on mine either.

Did you try it on both cards ? Are both installed in your computer at the same time or do you mean you have tried on both ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 95 (37,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It's with both those cards. I tried them out on the same computer, but at different times. I was running the GTX 980 from the Alienware Graphics Amplifier. 

Message 5 of 95 (37,239 Views)

Hero

Have you seen anyone else with this issue around the internet ?

Your drivers are all updated, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 95 (37,229 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

All my drivers are updated, and not that I can find. It appears to be only myself. However I have been playing with the game and if I turn off Edge Smoothing the lines go away... I find that interesting. 

I did run a test on my video card and everything came back alright. So I'm not sure. I guess the next step would be to contact an EA rep and see if it's a known bug or if it's a hardware problem and I should get it looked at. 

Message 7 of 95 (37,218 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue with a GeForce GTX 650 and updated drivers 

Message 8 of 95 (37,209 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same problem here. I'm playing with Ultra settings and a GTX 970, but I've seen this issue also with a GT 640M and a GTX 750Ti.

Driver version is 358.50, from October 7th, 2015

No CC, no mods (only CAS background, but it happens with the default background too). It happens with pre-made Sims too.

29-11-2015_23-32-17.png

29-11-2015_23-32-46.png

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 9 of 95 (37,206 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I've checked with the same graphic settings @fons_garmo has and the same sims. I do NOT have the issue: AMD R7 250X.

Message 10 of 95 (37,200 Views)