Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [HSY] Sim is stuck on C student despite acing all exams

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EP, GP and SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play through high school? My sim keeps being a C student even when aced all exams. Does extra extra credit (and normal homework), goes to school every lesson. I have no clue what else to do.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim keeps being a C student even when aced all exams. Does extra extra credit (and normal homework), goes to school every lesson. I have no clue what else to do.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the rates going up towards being an A student.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim keeps being a C student even when aced all exams. Does extra extra credit (and normal homework), goes to school every lesson. I have no clue what else to do.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

EDIT: Merged another thread with 5 me toos. 

Message 1 of 51 (15,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: High School Years Grades

★★★ Novice

I found a workaround! Send the teen to school alone when they've almost maxed out the performance bar. It will treat it like a normal day and they should go to the next grade level at the end of the school day.

View in thread

Message 12 of 51 (16,696 Views)

All Replies

Re: My sim is stuck on C student dispite acing all exams

Hero
@DopeySims What reports were you getting during classes ? There should be a TNS about it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 51 (15,796 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DopeySims There's a bug where teen sims are getting Cs regardless of attending school, doing homework, and acing exams. The fix is to send your teen sims alone and not join them.
Message 3 of 51 (15,789 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry, but what is a TNS

Message 4 of 51 (15,749 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks, I’ll try that. 

Been at it all afternoon…

Message 5 of 51 (15,746 Views)

Hero
@DopeySims A notification in the upper right corner.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 51 (15,728 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict ah ok, something like she did an amazing job and learnt a lot (something like that, I’ll check this weekend)

Message 7 of 51 (15,713 Views)

Hero
@DopeySims Totally sounds like the old Uni bug .. sigh

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 51 (15,699 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Even though I have University none of my sims have gone there yet.

University was my fav expansion of the Sims 2 and the one for the Sims 3 was ok too.

Maybe after this one has gone through high school.

Message 9 of 51 (15,692 Views)

High School Years Grades

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Is there something missing for grade progression?
What happens when the bug occurs? I've been playing as my teenage sims for 3 weeks. They do their homework every night, complete all projects, attend class and "impress their teachers" every day but when checking grades they remain as "C" students and their grades won't go up or down.
What do you expect to see? I would like to know if my sims are doing well or bad in school. How often are their grades supposed to update?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims is only checking for grades using computer.

Message 10 of 51 (15,738 Views)