Re: Grim reaper wont collect the dead, household stuck in that place

by Tahemet

Original Post

Hero
@nikki_r60176 If you don't want to cheat, I'm not sure there's another option.

Turn off without saving and try again, I guess

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 89 (2,666 Views)

Re: Grim reaper won't leave

★★★★ Novice

Me too. Same problem. The reaper won’t take the dead body. It’s been days. The solution says test true or something. I don’t know what that means. Help!! 

Message 52 of 89 (2,583 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Grim reaper wont collect the dead, household stuck

★★★ Newbie
@maiji it just happened to me now! Was it at the university bar??!
Message 53 of 89 (2,543 Views)

Sims stuck dying - Grim Reaper doesn't move

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.30
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Perfect Patio Stuff, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Dine Out, Get to Work, Spooky Stuff, City Living, Vampires, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Get Together, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a Sim dies, the Grim Reaper appears in the lot but he is stuck.
What happens when the bug occurs? I ran into the issue of my game getting stuck when a Sim dies. First happened to my cat, everyone kept looking at it and crying for hours, I get the moodlets and the Grim Reaper is there but doesn't move, I can't interact with it and it doesn't collect the body. I also can't save or travel as it says a Sim is dying but my people keep going to work, school etc. I restarted the console and this time my cat died outside so the Reaper did their job. Now I'm stuck as I came back from another lot, a Sim is dying and the Grim Reaper appears in another room next door but they don't move, I moved all the furniture around and even bulldozed the walls so they're in the same room but they don't move. I've played for 12 Sim hours and restarted 3 times before giving up as my game is completely unplayable. I'm playing the top floor penthouse from City Living expansion and never had an issue with the lot before.
What do you expect to see? The Grim Reaper to collect the Sim and an urn to appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 54 of 89 (2,534 Views)

Re: Sims stuck dying - Grim Reaper doesn't move

Hero
@elavdishme Usually resetting the Grim Reaper works but as you're on console, that will affect your achievemnts.

Only other solution is to quit without saving.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 89 (2,487 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your help.

I actually found another solution in case anyone else runs into this problem - before you load the lot, move the dying Sim into a different lot. That fixed it for me for now though not ideal.

Message 56 of 89 (2,482 Views)

★★★ Guide
@elavdishme I'm an Xbox player and luckily this hasn't happened to me yet. The only time the Grim Reaper stands where he is and doesn't collect the dead is when I have doors locked for everyone but the household members (I also keep them unlocked for employees), but once I unlock the door he's behind he will go to the body and collect it.

So no issues on Xbox so far (as far as I'm concerned)! Standard smile
Message 57 of 89 (2,477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This helped a lot, my sim died in the same hour his daughters girlfriend and child moved in, she was about to share the news that she was pregnant but he died in front of his wife and daughter. From 1 in the afternoon to 4 in the morning the grim reaper stood outside the house and the corpse rotted in the living room. Thanks for the tips! 

Message 58 of 89 (2,365 Views)

★ Guide

I had now a cat which wouldn't be reaped, the Grim Reaper just vanihed and my game wasn't savable.

Debugging the cat solved the problem though...the cat is alive again. I hope it doesn't turn into a Pet Cematary creature  ;-)

Singular occurence so far which might or might not be related to playing the game on fastest speed as everyone was sleeping

Message 59 of 89 (2,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don’t know where this dead body is and I have looked all around my lot and I also don’t know who died so I don’t know how to fix this help me.

Message 60 of 89 (2,276 Views)