Re: Grim reaper wont collect the dead, household stuck in that place

by Tirreal

Original Post

Re: Grim reaper won't leave

★★★ Newbie
What's happening to me right now is that the grim reaper appeared to take someone away, his wife pleaded for his life, and now he won't leave. I've tried the debug and it does not work.
Message 11 of 89 (8,952 Views)

Re: Grim reaper won't leave

Hero

Did you try resetting the Sim that was supposed to die ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 89 (8,947 Views)

★ Novice

I'm shift-clicking, but debug doesn't come up.

Message 13 of 89 (8,780 Views)

Hero

use resetsim like in Sims 3

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 89 (8,777 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Although I've enabled testing cheats, shift+click is not available and resetssim doesn't work either. The game is just frozen. Game cannot be saved. Attempting to exit to main menu without saving causes the game to crash.

I have only experienced this bug since buying a outdoor retreat and get to work packs.
Message 15 of 89 (8,717 Views)

Hero

Does your dying Sim have a lot of stuff in their inventory ? If so, try emptying it a bit beforehand.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 89 (8,715 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yes, she did. On this occasion I just deleted her from the household, but I'll try emptying his/her inventory next time.
Message 17 of 89 (8,707 Views)

★ Apprentice
The same is happening to my game every time a Sim dies!
Message 18 of 89 (8,488 Views)

I seem to have an invisible Grim Reaper on my lot. They talk to him, the lights don't go off because is there, but I don't see him. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 19 of 89 (8,306 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I got that issue at the moment,  at first sim was dying of old age, had wife plea for life and he accepted it too like 10-20 mins for him  to bring her back to life, 

next day sim dies again, got one last woohoo in first Standard smile, and the sim just lay there dead on the floor and the GR did his thing with the pad, I couldn't plea again 

I did the testingcheats true and reset the dying sim and he turned into an urn, by tall dark and grim-son just stands there, before he explored the house watching tv looking and my collection, this time he just stand there and I can't reset him or interact with him but I can save will see what happens after sim goes to work ( science career ) 

Sims 4 base

Get to work

Outdoor Retreat <---buggy

had removed most of the stuff she had as I didn't know if I looses it when she dies 

I can go to chess table and play with grim reaper but he doesn't come over

after changing lot: he is gone, so after resetting dying sim you should be able to save the ether restart game or just change to a different lot  

hope this sheds some info happy simming 

Message 20 of 89 (8,194 Views)