[WORKAROUND] [GTW] Scientist won't get breakthrough

by sofieejag

Original Post

Re: [GTW] Scientist won't get breakthrough

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. nothing here worked.

Can it be so dificult for EA to release a game that actually work as it should?

Even the last "patch" made things worse.  Thank god Ea realesed a handful of useless items in a 9.99 usd stuff pack instead of making sure the game is actually playable.

Good one Ea...

Message 11 of 22 (3,867 Views)

★ Novice

*bump* I'm also having this issue! Fix this, EA! I'm not playing until I know my sim can be promoted

Message 12 of 22 (3,789 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Sigh. I've been waiting over 2 sim months for the next breakthrough and it just won't happen. My scientist is at level 9 but cannot go further. I will use cheats to bypass in the meantime if the newest patch does not fix the problem.

Message 13 of 22 (3,650 Views)

Hero

Did you test this with the Dec 4th patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 22 (3,647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Not yet. I'm about too, though. Edit: Still happening. I ended up using testingcheats to bypass this bug. The only cheat that worked is the one that increased breakthroughs to the maximum number (16.) The other options just failed silently.

Message 15 of 22 (3,643 Views)

★ Novice

@janyses wrote:

Not yet. I'm about too, though. Edit: Still happening. I ended up using testingcheats to bypass this bug. The only cheat that worked is the one that increased breakthroughs to the maximum number (16.) The other options just failed silently.

I know it's been a while since the last post, but would it be possible to get the scientific breakthrough cheat itself or a link to a site that lists that one?  I am stuck with this problem as well, have tried all the "solutions" and given up.  Long ago I resolved to cheat out of this problem, but I've been looking for the cheat for some time now and can't find it anywhere.  My scientist is the fourth generation of my favorite family and I'm too invested to just scrap him, but there's no point in playing till I can move on in this career.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Message 16 of 22 (3,585 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 22 (3,582 Views)

Hero

The Cheat would be this

• Open Cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  • Shift-Click on your Sim and choose scientist
  • Then try if the break through one works. if not, choose all breakthroughs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 22 (19,088 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Is this issue still occurring? If so would anyone be willing to provide a save for further investigation?

Message 19 of 22 (3,466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The thing that actually works for me is quitting the career and then going back in. The breakthrough updates when you get your job back, and if that doesn't work turn on the testing cheats shift click your Sim choose science and do all breakthrough and then quit and come back in your job.

I've been playing this game since the first one came out so I know how you guys feel, hope that helps.

Message 20 of 22 (2,843 Views)