Re: [GTW] Scientist won't get breakthrough

by sofieejag

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [GTW] Scientist won't get breakthrough

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It has worked fine until she got promoted to junior tinkerer, she had come up with three different inventions. But after that she couldn't get breakthroughs anymore. I tried everything (thoughtful showers, experimenting, tending gardens etc) but the light bulb never shows up.

So now I'm stuck and can't get any further in the scientist career. I even tried quitting her job and sign up again, and also to save the household to my library and replacing them - but non of it worked.

I don't have any cc or mods and are fully updated/ patched.

Please help! D: 

Message 1 of 22 (19,248 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

The Cheat would be this

• Open Cheat console with ctl-shift-c
  • Shift-Click on your Sim and choose scientist
  • Then try if the break through one works. if not, choose all breakthroughs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 22 (19,085 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Can you try if it works if you put her in a new save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (19,195 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just tried but it but that didn't work either. I also tried a brand new game but even that didn't work. No light bulb, I can't get any further in the scientist career...

Message 3 of 22 (19,191 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Start a new save game before putting anything a back and see if it works. Then add the SIm and see if it works for her

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (19,180 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried but nothing seem to be working! Confusedmileysurprised: 

I started a whole new game instead and got a new sim to the point where my recent got stuck, then i saved her to my library and replaced the glitched one in my original game, I'm really hoping this will work! Wish me luck Confusedmileywink:

Message 5 of 22 (19,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did this work? As i'm also experiencing this issue but I'm worried about potentially deleting my progress by accident.

Message 6 of 22 (19,046 Views)

I spent enough of time to play scientist, but 6th eureka moment did not happen.

★★★ Newbie

I spent enough of time(3 weeks) to play scientist, but 6th eureka moment did not happen.

so scientist career won't progress any more.

any reason?

Message 7 of 22 (19,005 Views)

Re: I spent enough of time to play scientist, but 6th eureka moment did not happ

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (19,000 Views)

Re: I spent enough of time to play scientist, but 6th eureka moment did not happ

★★★ Newbie

No. I use only vanilla.

Message 9 of 22 (18,995 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try quitting the job and rejoining

EDIT: @chaws86 I merged your thread with existing one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (18,985 Views)