Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

by Levkoni

Original Post

Re: sims 4 no coworkers

Hero

@Merp_Boop

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 123 (1,492 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

★★★ Newbie
I also got this problem with new computer and new game. I had a couple expansions, game and stuff packs when I started playing. I caved and bought Get Famous and that solved it for me!
Message 72 of 123 (1,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't think its get famous as I do not have that pack, I am having the same problem though.

Message 73 of 123 (1,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I currently have 2 task on my thing waiting for coworkers with none available so the rest of my work day can not progress

Message 74 of 123 (1,271 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue. No workers in science labs from Get To Work. Repairing the game does not bring the results. Also trees and other plants in lab neighbourhood are 2D o_O

Message 75 of 123 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue -- just got the game on the recent sale, along with Get to Work and Dine Out, nothing else.  First game got a receptionist and nobody else, later games after trying everything listed (aside from buying GF) and a full uninstall/reinstall don't even get that much -- just a building devoid of other sims.  Adding played sims to the scientist career does bring them in, though, but the other reported issues for the career are present for me as well (e.g., unable to do the 'transform grass' task as there is no selectable grass). 

Message 76 of 123 (1,060 Views)

No coworkers appearing in science career.

★★★ Newbie

I had a brand new sim on a brand new save join the science career and there aren't any coworkers showing up. There are also other issues such as the aliens never visiting and the "transform grass" task being impossible. I know there is a whole other thread on this but it says "solved" when it really isn't. A lot of other people are having the same issue as of late and the only "solution" is to manually go in and make townies quit their jobs and join the science career, which seems ridiculous to me. Does EA even know about this? and if they do, are they going to bother to do anything? Even if I were to go in and force other sims to join the science career, it wouldn't solve the other recent issues with the transform grass task for example. 

Message 77 of 123 (1,041 Views)

Re: No coworkers appearing in science career.

Hero

Hi @PeaxhMoon 

merged your post with current bug report.

This is only marked as solved as there is a workaround you can try. It's to make it more visible. You can find more information on how the bug forum works here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/7368632/

For your other issues, please add your me toos, here: 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 78 of 123 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just a quick update -- picked up Get Famous and, like others reported, co-workers started showing up no problem, on both existing and new saves, with and without folks already in the scientist career.  The transform grass bit is still non-functional, though.

Message 79 of 123 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, played the game months ago on origin access then cancelled that, then bought the game in the recent sale. Couldn't decide whether to be a doctor or detective so went Scientist, only to find the lot deserted. I don't particularly want to buy an expansion pack I don't really want (fame was pretty much just a massive burden in Sims 3) to solve the issue nor do I want to play households just to make them pick that career, so I guess I'll be waiting until EA come out with what sounds like a single line of code (the same code that autospawns doctors and detectives that's missing from the scientist career as mentioned earlier in this thread) to fix a three month old problem. If they ever do, given that sims 5 is coming out soon! Had a pretty bad experience with a lot of bugs in Sims 3 (esp. World Adventures) that just never got patched because Sims 4 was coming out, so excuse my cynicism!

Message 80 of 123 (982 Views)