Re: [OPEN] [GTW] No co-workers at science lab

by hawaiian2cat

Original Post

★★ Novice

Me too!! And this is happening in my fresh, new game. In my other save, I have co-workers and everything. I really don't know what to do..and in Detective career I couldn't interrogate anyone.

Sad. TT∆TT

Message 61 of 123 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too Frown

There are no workers in the lab.

-Main game installed a week ago, win10 x64

-Only GTW expansion pack installed (today)

-No CC or mods

-No other packs, except free holiday pack and newsletter guitar

Message 62 of 123 (1,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Looking through filter_Unimportant_NoCareer, I don't think the has_met condition was checked before. I distinctly remember people my character had met previously showing up before this issue began. I started having this problem when they fixed the issue with forgetting other sims' careers. I have no clue what many of the other checks are as they appear to be internal flags.

For now, I created a mod that patches filter_Scientist_Coworker and filter_Scientist_Receptionist to use template_YAE to create new sims if the filter can't find any existing ones. So far, I have coworkers again, but I need to test it more to see if there are other long term effects.

Message 63 of 123 (1,718 Views)

★ Novice
One lady was talking about how she added people with the scientist career to her game and that seemed to work, I don't know whether that will work for you or whether you've tried that already but it's worth a shot. I hope that helps Standard smile
Message 64 of 123 (1,681 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just hopping in to say, "me too!" I play a vanilla game, have all expansions except for GF. I'm going to do the workaround of making other sims in my world join the scientist career, but it's frustrating because this is how I've started my own NSB challenge, haha!
Message 65 of 123 (1,642 Views)

★★ Novice
Same case here! But it irritates me because I want to play the new game... Ugh
Message 66 of 123 (1,634 Views)

No co-workers in science career?

★★ Novice

Hi,

When playing, I've noticed that when I join my sim at the science lab, there are no co-workers. The lab is completely devoid of people, which means I can't complete a lot of the daily tasks. I've found other threads on this but none really gave me a solution. I have tried clearing the cache, and repairing the game to no avail. I'm not sure what else to do. I do have custom content installed, if that is relevant. How do I get back the co-workers?

Thanks

Message 67 of 123 (1,593 Views)

Re: No co-workers in science career?

Hero

Hi @Daffodil18

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

There's also a workaround posted in the solution post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 123 (1,584 Views)

sims 4 no coworkers

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? go to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start game and go to science job
What happens when the bug occurs? there are no coworkers
What do you expect to see? no body in the building except me
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the science department of the go to work pack there seems to be no co workers

Message 69 of 123 (1,551 Views)

Re: No co-workers in science career?

★★ Novice

I just bought The Sims 4 less than a week ago, along with a few game packs, expansions, and stuff packs. I didn't buy Get Famous.

The first thing I did with my first Sim was join the Science career. Like others in this thread, I had absolutely no coworkers from Day 1. Quitting and rejoining the career had no effect. Some tourists would appear in the barbecue area every day, but that was it.

I continued on in the career since there were still workday tasks that didn't require coworkers to complete, and my Sim had the loner trait anyway. However, eventually I ran into a wall; I encountered a day in which all tasks required a coworker.

So, I headed to the internet to find a solution and discovered this thread. I saw a workaround, but also some posters mentioned that getting the Get Famous expansion might solve the problem. Since it was on sale, I figured what the heck. I decided to buy Get Famous.

In the game, I saved while my Sim was at the science lab with no coworkers about halfway through the workday, then exited the game. I bought and installed Get Famous. Then, I reopened the game and loaded my save. As soon as it loaded, all of my coworkers appeared immediately and got to work.

So, at least for me, getting the Get Famous expansion directly solved the problem. I've had no issue since.

Message 70 of 123 (1,532 Views)