Re: Ex doctor won't throw away bio sample?

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] [GTW] Ex doctor has stuck bio sample in inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Kids room stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become a doctor in get to work, take a bio sample from a patient, but do not check the swab at the station or complete that quest. Quit job.
What happens when the bug occurs? The item stays in the sims inventory and cannot be dragged into the sell section, trash, or be deleted.
What do you expect to see? The item being deleted automatically when quitting the doctor profession.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Previously to quitting there were options to dispose of the samples, but now that i've quit my sim lives with these nasty cotton swabs in their pockets.

Message 1 of 12 (2,873 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Don't think that's a new thing. Been like this from the start.

Could be by design (although you should be able to delete it)

Easiest way to get rid of it: Move everything you want to keep to someone elses inventory or place it on the ground in your house, then use the cheat: inventory.purge (should still be working)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (2,950 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Don't think that's a new thing. Been like this from the start.

Could be by design (although you should be able to delete it)

Easiest way to get rid of it: Move everything you want to keep to someone elses inventory or place it on the ground in your house, then use the cheat: inventory.purge (should still be working)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,951 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you, inventory.purge worked. But I do want to clarify, the item was completely non interactable. Clicking did nothing, I could not drag it. It really seems as if some error happened.
Message 3 of 12 (2,800 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Hi @ChaoticRhi

was it a one time thing though or did you have other things getting stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (2,790 Views)

★ Novice
It was only specifically the bio samples. Before i quit the doctor profession i had some occasional trouble with them that was usually resolved after investigating them(from what i can remember- I wasn't heavily monitoring). After I quit the two I had left were completely non interactable.
Message 5 of 12 (2,781 Views)

Hero
OK. Thank you. Going to tag this as workaround/needs input to see if anyone else has them getting stuck (cause that really shouldn't happen)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (2,779 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict

It does appear this is a design change.  In the past my doctors had a "destroy" option on the samples that could be used on the home lot.  The samples always remained in my sim doctor's inventory until I clicked "destroy".  Now, however, the sample doesn't have the "destroy" option on the home lot.  Instead, the analysed sample vanishes from the inventory when the doctor goes to work the next day.

The "destroy" option does appear on the sample while on the hospital lot so the sample can be removed from inventory, if done before the doctor leaves work.  Since I tend to forget about them and the sim often goes home with the samples still in inventory, it would be simpler to have the "destroy" option also appear while away from the hospital, as it used to be.  Otherwise, it looks like if you retire a sim while forgetting to delete the samples before leaving the last day of work, your workaround of having to use a cheat will be the only option to delete them.  That's cumbersome.
Message 7 of 12 (2,755 Views)

Hero

You should be able to remove then and you're not anymore. Doubt that's by design, tbh.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (2,747 Views)

★ Pro

I hope you're right.  What led me to believe a design change is the fact the samples disappear from inventory when the doctor goes to work the next day.  That didn't used to be the case, to the best of my memory, and a design change was the only thing I could think of to account for it.

Hopefully, omitting the "destroy" option while away from the hospital was simply an oversight.

Message 9 of 12 (2,743 Views)

Hero
Maybe some design change was made, that's possible but then they didn't do it very successfully :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (2,732 Views)