Quirks can't be fully removed

by SisterGloomy

Original Post

Re: quirks

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hello, @SimGuruIcarus and @crinrict

Here is a save where the issue is reproduced. Load the Bailey-Moon Household, Octavia has the Juice Enthusiast Quirk and is angry because of it, but the quirk is not displayed in the celebrity panel. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r4luLz_i8HhOxe-IKmUM34phCxivwzCv 

I reproduced the issue by starting a new game, loading the Bailey-Moon Household, removing the quirk Juice Enthusiast with the potion, then having her drink again (not sure if necessary), go back to manage worlds, play with another household for a day, go back to the Bailey-Moon Household, have her drink again, and she still has the Juice Enthusiast quirk or received it again after one drink but this time the quirk is not displayed properly in the celebrity panel and therefore it can't get removed with the potion.

No mods used.

Message 31 of 102 (3,672 Views)

Re: Bug: Phone Fanatic behavior persists after quirk removal

★★★★★ Novice

I have same problem, My sim got quirk "Fan Mall" and "Juice Enthusiatic"  I use Quirk Remove Potion to Remove those quirk but seem all quirk still active my sim angry because not drink a drink or juice and in mail box still have rotten item from fan mail. 

Message 32 of 102 (3,563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this problem with juice fanatic on two sims and paparazzi darling on one of them. One is still a celebrity who lost both when he dropped down a fame level and the other is a grandmaster vampire who has stepped out of the spotlight, but still gets the debuffs for juice fanatic. The sim who lost paparazzi darling still keeps heading out to the paparazzi when there are not actions actions in his queue. I tried the quirk removal potions too, but they did not do any good for either.

Message 33 of 102 (3,530 Views)

★ Pro

My Sim did a celebrity cleanse, used quirk remover potions to get rid of all his quirks and then stepped out of the spotlight. He still has all the behaviors associated with those quirks and still gets fan mail. 

Fame plus quirks was making it not much fun to be a Jungle Explorer. But there seems to be no escaping. Confused

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 11.07.00 AM.png

Message 34 of 102 (3,509 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having a Refined Palate quirk bug. My sim became low level famous and that was picked for her. Stepped away from spotlight and the quirk is no longer in the Fame panel, but she still gets it sometimes when she eats.

Message 35 of 102 (3,433 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have a sim who booked a celebrity cleanse (and tried quirk be gone) and had them step out of the spotlight. They still have Juice Enthusiast quirks moodlets and other sims still react to their presence. Another sim used quirk be gone to try to remove both Juice enthusiast and paparazzi darling, but they still had the moodlets for juice enthusiast and the behaviours associated with paparazzi darling. 

Message 36 of 102 (3,374 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Removing quirk - Sim behaves as still there

★ Novice

Having the same issue with the “Refine Palette” quirk. My sim got it accidentally. I used testingcheats to remove it but he still acts like it’s there and it’s super annoying. 

Message 37 of 102 (3,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@SimGuruIcarus 

Recently, I activated 'old fashioned guy' household and my vamp sim is angry from juice quirk but actually he doesn't have. But it still appears and you can check it in my saved file I posted for you with other issue.

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 10.20.21.png

I'm removing it using UI Extension mod because I saw he was drinking his spouse's neck without permission from being angry. I got upset too because this vamp has to be a good vampire.

Message 38 of 102 (3,284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also getting this issue. My sim had refined palate until he lost his single star (something that happens far too quickly, might I add), but he still acts like the quirk is there, even though the quirk slot is empty.

Message 39 of 102 (3,237 Views)

Quirks can't be fully removed

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except strangeville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a sim get a quirk, then try and remove it with potion. Save. Exit. Start game and the quirk behaviour and (mood like angry over not getting juice for example) is still there even though it is gone. 2. Have a sim get a quirk, then try and remove it with poition. Play another household, Save. Exit. Start game and play as the sim with the removed quirk and the behaviour and mood is still present.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims still behaves like they have a quirk.
What do you expect to see? No quirk behaviours.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Even if you remove the quirk and leave the famous life it's still there. Tried installing the mod "mc comand center" to remove it and still nothing.

I'm playing as vampires so not sure if it happens to normal sims, but I have seen reports about this before and some of them played as normal sims. So it's safe to say it can happen to every sim.

Message 40 of 102 (3,032 Views)