Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Recording Product Review drops from queue

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent I believe. not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, City Living,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim try to record a video at the video station from Get Famous about a product review
What happens when the bug occurs? I tell the sim to do a product review of either toys, beauty products, or gadgets and the sim more often then not doesn't do it. The command disappears from their queue for no apparent reason.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sim recording the video, instead they just stand in front of the video screens without the command.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please advise why the sims are not following direction and recording videos at the video station about product reviews. 

Message 1 of 14 (6,294 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [GF] Recording Product Review drops from queue

Hero

Fixed an issue that caused Recording a Product Review to fail if the Sim had previously interrupted a review by traveling to another Lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (3,583 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GF] Recording Product Review Issue

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @LauraKl10

I haven't seen this in my own game.

Can you try another household if they have the same issue ?

Do you have other instances of constant queue dropping ?

EDIT: I found out what the issue with this is. Do you currently have any toys/gadgets on the recording table ? They seem to stay when you switch lots while you're doing a review. After that they don't work anymore cause the Sim can't place another product on the table.

Place the table in the household inventory and back and the toys should be gone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (6,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had this problem too- and your suggestion fixed it!  Thank you so much :D

-Necey

Message 3 of 14 (6,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Workaround for this issue

• The issue is that certain items stay on the table if you travel while doing a product review
  • Moving the table to the household inventory and back out should clear up the toys and it's working again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (6,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict
I have the same problem and unfortunately the way given above did not work in my case. I even moved the whole family to a different plot together with the equipment.
The only solution was to save the entire movie studio to the library, and then create a mini room on the video station and save it. This equipment moved to the house of my sim worked. Each video station - they are 3 the same - bought in the buy mode and unused has the same error from start in my game. For example, this "improve it" option on this new video station does not work too.

Of course, I fixed the game ten times and checked it in a new safe. It did not work. It looked like this file in the buying mode had some error.

Message 5 of 14 (6,160 Views)

Hero
Sounds a bit different though when you buy the table like that.

I assume you also have no mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (6,152 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@crinrict
I removed the whole mods folder from the game before the test and repair and deleted the localthumbcache. package file. This was my first idea that the reason is mod. I don't have even a one CC . In addition, what is strange is I have no report from MC after unsuccessful attempts to interact with this object now when I recreated mods folder. I will send you this broken object here as an attachment as soon as I enter the game. I will buy a new one what for sure will not work for me. I am very curious if it will work in your game,

Edit:

@crinrict

I have bought it in build mode and saved it as a room . I have compressed it in rar and now when I try attach it to the post I have this negative answer
"Unsupported extension type"
Is it changed in CC in my game ? So I have checked it and I found this file from ClientDeltaBuild0 attached to the files of this device.

These two files at the bottom are a concrete floor and concrete walls from the base game

broken.jpg

Is it because I before have used mods in this last save, my entire game folder in Program Filles is broken and it can not be fixed.? It stuck to the game files and is there despite the removal of the mods, but I do not have such a picture in any mod! Unless this picture is the equivalent of a damaged interaction 

Message 7 of 14 (6,144 Views)

Hero
Just upload the room to the gallery instead ?

What is this ? S4Studio ? It might just have issues with reading game files. Did you try this before and it wasn't like that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (6,111 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@crinrict
This is Tray Importer . I use it only to pack may Tray content. It is rather reliable in reading files and useful if you want to create a team work. You do not need to use the Gallery.
It's a great idea that I will send it to the Gallery, but how will you find it? If it is really had changed in CC it will not be visible in the on-line Gallery and I will not be able to give you a link to this. Can you find me in Gallery from game by nickname? I have the same in the Gallery as here.
Message 9 of 14 (6,084 Views)

Hero
Should be easy to find if you give me the name you uploaded it with :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (6,079 Views)