Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Audition/Gig tab comes up blank

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except the halloween and vampire one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Changing sims fame level using testingcheats.
What happens when the bug occurs? No auditions appear when you check for gigs. It's just a blank pop-up.
What do you expect to see? A blank pop-up with nothing on, even if your sim is in the starter agencies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It didn't happen after the release of Get Famous, so one of the recent patches. I made no changes.

As you can see, the complete pop-up is blank.

Message 27 of 60 (20,036 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Get Famous: Blank Audition List

Hero

The Well Suited and G.R.A.N. talent agencies are back in business! Gigs from these agencies will now display appropriately.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 60 of 60 (11,201 Views)

All Replies

Get Famous - Acting Career no Auditions

★★ Novice

Hey,

I started the acting career with a new sim and at first everything worked well. I did one audition and the appearance. My sim got to the next career level but no new auditions were available. 

So I waited and did the other one of the first two auditions and the appearance. Then my sim got to level 3 and also got no new auditions. So the auditions window is empty now. 

I also did a new household with a new sim and startet the acting career. And he doesn't get any auditions. Also not at the first level.

Someone in another forum said I should look if there's a possibility at the phone to cancel the appearance, but it's not.

I repared the game before I created the second sim. But it was no help. 

I have no Mods and CC.

I also set all options back to standard without improvement.

(Hope you can understand my problem. English isn't my native language 😅)

Message 1 of 60 (20,967 Views)

Re: Get Famous - Acting Career no Auditions

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi  @its_sxsi

did you also try resetting your user folder ?

if not, try this:

Reset your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 60 (20,956 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately, did not help.

I also installed the base game + get famous new but it's the same problem...

Message 3 of 60 (20,945 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@its_sxsi
Check if you have this option on yours sim phone in the work section
Message 4 of 60 (20,939 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@its_sxsi

One of the Fame perks you can buy means you don't have to do auditions. Do you have that? Did you try changing agency?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 60 (20,936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen

I don't have it and I tried changing the agency.

Message 6 of 60 (20,932 Views)

★★ Novice

@kreatora

It's there but I have the same problem. The audition window is still empty.

Message 7 of 60 (20,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@its_sxsi
You should have these options on the sim's phone. If it's not there, it means there's a bug in the game files, something is going wrong when downloading, or there is some error in your Windows which prevented you from downloading all the game content.

Message 8 of 60 (20,924 Views)

★★ Novice

@kreatora

What audition options do you mean? There's just changing the agency and looking for new appearance. And at the second the window with auditions opens.

Message 9 of 60 (20,918 Views)