[FIXED] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: Get famous - Nothing happens when it's time to go to work.

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I tried to cancel the current task. Then I chose another acting opportunity. Sim normally left for the audition, but not the next day to shoot. I tried to change the profession and then return to an actor career again.
Message 61 of 666 (1,998 Views)

Hero
@anndd And you stayed on the lot the entire time and aren't using any mods/cc ?

If so, can you upload your save to google or one drive and PM me the link ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 666 (1,992 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I don't stay on one piece of land. I play for a while with one sim, then the other. But this happened to me on one piece of land I just wasn't leaving. I have some mods and my own content, but I tried to put them away. It didn't help.
Message 63 of 666 (2,085 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'll try with the saved game.
Message 64 of 666 (2,078 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here too. I tried celebrity cleanse and even completely quitting the career and rejoining, it lets me go to auditions but not to actual gigs. A 'workaround' that means you can't really play 90% of the game isn't much of a 'workaround' at all. Bad enough having to be in quarantine in real life, now saying "just stay on your lot for two days and don't travel at all" in Sims? Hope this gets fixed soon. 

Message 65 of 666 (2,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@anndd As long as no loading screens of any kind are involved during the time you get the gig until you go to the gig, it should work

I'm happy to look at your save why it's not for you.

@Fanofsirius Merged your post with the bug report on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 666 (2,077 Views)

Message 67 of 666 (2,058 Views)

Actress Career not allowing sim to go to work

★★★★ Apprentice

After the new patch on April 7th 2020, the actress career is not allowing the sim to go to work when it is time to. I checked to be sure it was right day and time and it was. I had mods but removed them and the problem is still there, so not mods its a game issue. I can say that completing tasks do stay completed upon travel now, but that does not help when they cannot actually go to the job! Please fix this, I made a Marilyn Monroe just to do acting and now she has worked hard and was about to go to her first gig and cannot. 

Message 68 of 666 (2,032 Views)

Hero
@anndd Tested your save and it worked fine for me.

1. Canceled the gig
2. Got new gig
3. Traveled before the audition (seems that's possible to do)
4. Traveled back
5. Went to the audition
6. Played the entire time on the lot until the gig
7. Got message for gig, sent Sim along.

Could you test a fresh save that never had any mods/cc in to see if that would work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 666 (2,027 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

★★★★ Apprentice

Im having the same issue, but did not find this til I clicked on Crin's name and found a tweet or something and somehow found this, I just made a report myself, somehow it always puts it in technical issues not bug reports, I am not good with using this site, but please ME Too, does that mean that your sim cannot leave their house for 3-4 days? Because that is how long it takes to the get audition then get gig (usually day until audition) then get gig and maybe 2 days before gig happens?!

Message 70 of 666 (2,018 Views)