[FIXED] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

I have this bug too. The workaround doesn't work for me because I can't play for that long at a time so I have to exit the game in between the audition and gig virtually every time. 

Message 631 of 666 (1,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I circled round back to the Actor career and I'm still stuck on the BACKGROUND ACTOR tier. Skills are up and trying to get Gold to progress BUT I'm not prompted to go with my SIM as my current Scientist and Doctor are asking me. even going to the hospital still works. 

I ALSO don't have the Director and Actors coming to my house. I can invite them. But they don't show up -- not even a confirmation on the Notification Wall.

I've tried repairing the game, cancelled gigs, and changing Agencies. Nothing works. The Sim in question is 5 Charisma & 6 Acting.

(No Mods, Never)

Spoiler

=== Application info ===
Name: Sims4
Version: 1.62.67.1020
Build: Release 64 Bit

=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2808 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 4012 RAM: 16269 Adjusted RAM: 15757 Cores: 4

=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 10 10.0.18363
OS prod type:
OS major ver: 10
OS minor ver: 0
OS SP major ver:
OS SP minor ver:
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Family: 6
Model: 14
Cores: 4
HT: 1
x64: 1
Memory: 16269MB
Free memory: 9170MB
VA space: 134217728MB
User: jpgen
Computer: GEORGE

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1c20, Board: 11d71462, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvldumdx.dll, Version: 26.21.14.3160, GUID: D7B71E3E-5F60-11CF-8A7B-D9311BC2D735
Driver version: 3160
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 2987MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
Opt. features: +sab +a8l8 +rgba16f +r32f +bc4 +bc5 -rawz +intz

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Spoiler Tags

Message 632 of 666 (1,197 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

★★ Novice

This is not working for me.

It has been over a month now what is EA waiting to take actions? They should fix it instead of releasing a new pack.

I've contacted them regarding this issue and of course, this is their answer 

"Hello,

Thank you for sending us your feedback. We review each submission and give the information to the related EA team. While we cannot reply to you on the status of this feedback, we appreciate you providing your input.

You can find additional information on known issues, including potential workarounds, at [help.ea.com]EA Help and [answers.ea.com]Answers HQ.

Regards,
The EA Help Team"

So we, the customers, should be the one finding the solution? Is this a joke?

I don't want "potential workarounds", I want them to fix the game they've sold to me.

Message 633 of 666 (954 Views)

★★ Pro
@flywithmoi I heard there will be a big patch on the 2nd June, I expect there will be a fix for this.
Message 634 of 666 (912 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict My Sim was at University so not travelling wasn't an option. Luckily Brainblasted's mod worked perfectly.
Message 635 of 666 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@aodoherty Did you?? Oh I hope so. I've been checking Sims forums every day to see if there was one lol It makes sense that it's a couple days before launch though. And we all know what big patches means: "Take your mods folder out and put it on your desktop, then start your game again, put it back in and do the 50-50 method, and blah blah" Large smile

Message 636 of 666 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@vadish3825Find the sims vip website and find The Sims 4: Next Game Patch Coming June 2nd, I found it there. Yeah i agree lots of mods will be updated. :D

Message 637 of 666 (814 Views)

Get Famous Bug- Sim doesn't go to her acting gigs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living and Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim start the actor career in Del Sol Valley. Then move them to another map in an apartment in San Myshuno. What happened to me next is that my sim stoped going to her gigs. She would only go to her auditions.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the time for her gig comes, I do not get the "one hour" before notification, and when it's time my sim doesn't go automatically to her gig, she just stays in wherever she is and continues doing whatever activity she is doing.
What do you expect to see? That whenever my sim passes an audition and its time for her gig, that I get the "one hour" before notification (Notifying it's almost time for her to go to her gig) and then when the hour comes that she automatically goes to her gig, to then the game asking me if I want to send her alone or go along.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I attached a picture where you can see the bug happening. You can zoom to see it clearer. My sim is cooking at her place (in Del Sol Valley), her gig starts at 9 AM Thursday. It is Thursday and 9 AM and my sim is still cooking and there's no new activity (to the left) stating that she's heading to her gig, just that she's cooking. Please help, I was really, really enjoying the game and the pack but knowing this bug still happens it discourages me from playing Frown 

Thank you!

Message 638 of 666 (784 Views)

Sims 4 Get Famous. can go to auditions but not gigs. Whats wrong?

★★★ Newbie

Any Sims characters are able to go to auditions for Get Famous but once passed there is ever an option to attend the actual gig. Is there an error in the game?

Message 639 of 666 (753 Views)

@marissalangtry  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please see the second post on the first page for a workaround.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 640 of 666 (728 Views)