Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

by WhidbeyZork

Original Post

Re: Get famous - Nothing happens when it's time to go to work.

★★ Novice

I just got the Get Famous expansion pack for Easter yesterday, and the same thing happened to me with the acting career. They go to the audition perfectly fine and get the gig, but when the time came for the gig I got no notification that the gig started in 1 hour, and it didn't pop up asking if I wanted to attend with them the time went on as if I didn't have a gig at all.

Message 231 of 666 (1,147 Views)

★★★ Novice

The workaround does work for me-- kept Sim on lot, didn't even cut into Build Mode (so hard not to do!) and eventually he got to go to his gig. But there was so much carnage left behind by the long at-home stay-- seven plates of uneaten food, two maxed skills, ten paintings of various quality, and three random neighbors who were unlucky enough to wander in fell victim to his Actor charms and walked off pregnant. I really hope there's a patch soon or Oasis Springs is going to be full of bad art and redheaded babies, and probably on fire as well. 

Message 232 of 666 (1,136 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I will try this. Thanks!
Message 233 of 666 (1,132 Views)

★ Novice

I always get phone calls or things to my sims with their relatives saying hey do you want to do this or whatever with me and I've always said no because its the same person more than once but I thought it was normal. So my get famous does not work of course since she is an actor. I've had her do 3 gigs but it wouldn't allow her to fulfill that because I didn't get the pop-ups that work starts in 1 hour or go to the gig or send alone. But it happened after I aged her twins up to children and got a few new toddler beds but I don't know if that's the bug

Message 234 of 666 (1,070 Views)

Sims 4 - Sim not going to acting job

★★★ Newbie

I cannot get my sim to go to her acting job. I've seen that this has happened in the past but I do not know how to fix it.

Message 235 of 666 (901 Views)

Re: Actors won't go to Gigs

★★ Novice

Before I complain, I'll do this first.  Get a gig, stay at home and quarantine the sim and go to the gig.  I think it could have been the latest update or something through origin.  Hopefully the folks at EA noticed that and can fix this problem with a new patch install or something.

Message 236 of 666 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. So annoying! 

Message 237 of 666 (1,025 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think I was able to solve the actor career issue (when they get a gig and don't get the option to go). I spoke to an EA representative, and they suggested I reset origin, restart computer and then start the game again. I just tried 2x and it worked.

Here is the link for anyone that need it: https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Good luck

Message 238 of 666 (1,012 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Sim not going to acting job

★★ Novice

Same here.

I haven't played in a week (worked fine a week ago), logged on, new patch/update - and now my sim isn't going to work nor gets paid or anything.

Message 239 of 666 (871 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Sim not going to acting job

Message 240 of 666 (874 Views)