Re: having trouble getting my sim to leave for work

by LeissaMyst

Original Post

Re: Get famous - Nothing happens when it's time to go to work.

★★ Novice

So, is the point here that you should travel after booking an audition but before going to the audition? And if so, travel where, just any other lot?

Message 121 of 666 (2,366 Views)

★ Apprentice

ok so i tried it without the mods and still didnt work the only option now is to try and delete the game and reinstall it and see if that doesnt fix it 

Message 122 of 666 (2,348 Views)

★ Guide

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Repairing the game should do /almost/ everything reinstalling /should/ fix (hence why uninstall/reinstall is the last resort - after deleting your save files). As a matter of practice - even if you just repaired the game any time you modify what mods are loaded you should repair it again afterwards. This ensures that the game is restored to it's original form.

Message 123 of 666 (2,347 Views)

Re: Get famous - Nothing happens when it's time to go to work.

★★ Pro
@ChiRho197 No it's for the sim who has audition skip fame perk only and the sims have to stay on home lot until the gig starts, then won't get this issue. In case the sim doesn't have this fame perk, then anyway, the actor or actress sim won't get the alert and be able to move to the acting gig place.
Message 124 of 666 (2,406 Views)

★ Apprentice

i already repaired it  and it worked for a few minutes but then nothing again

Message 125 of 666 (2,376 Views)

★ Guide

I'm sorry; I've done all I can do on my end, I am at the limits of my knowledge and experience. Please file the bug report for your issue and I'm sure that it will be addressed if able.

Message 126 of 666 (2,367 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@ManicGlitterIt happened with my new saved sim, I saved and exited the game between the audition and gig and did not get the notification to go to the gig. This bug is happening with new sims as well. 

Message 127 of 666 (2,380 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

Hero
@Qualeesha At this point, I believe it should work for anyone. Did you follow the instructions in the workaround ? Are you using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 128 of 666 (2,353 Views)

★ Guide

Haven't yet had the time to try the work-around, but I noticed something odd:

While playing a different household in the same town, the pop-up about the other households audition came up.

Message 129 of 666 (2,329 Views)

Hero
@MeltingPenguins That sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-A-GF-Audition-notifications-from-other-households-event... and has been the case since GF came out.

---

Merged a lot of threads into this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 130 of 666 (2,391 Views)