Get Famous Acting Gig-April 2020 Bug

by cmaloney1026

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Get Famous Sim Can't Go To Gig

★ Novice
@Rocroto I'm having the exact same issue. I tried restarting the game and even pausing it for 1h to see if it's delayed. Have to cancel the gig that I couldn't go to, pick up another one and it's the same - don't get a notification my sim doesn't go.
Message 91 of 666 (6,674 Views)

Re: Get famous - Nothing happens when it's time to go to work.

★★★★ Novice
@WhidbeyZork bahahaha omg this comment has me rolling!!! Literally having to quarantine our sims!!!
Message 92 of 666 (6,783 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Omg its soooo annoying!!! I repaired my game in origin, removed cc, quit my job, and nothing happened!!!! I lost 3 gigs because of this stupid glitch!!! (Thats like 12 sim days I think) anyways I am also so mad because my sim ran out of money and couldn’t feed her toddler Frown she got taken away, I cried a little

Message 93 of 666 (6,665 Views)
Highlighted

Get Famous Acting Gig-April 2020 Bug

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have sims digital deluxe all expansions minus jungle adventures game packs: realm of magic, parenthood, dine out, and spa day stuff packs: tiny living, laundry day, toddler stuff, fitness, romantic garden, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Once I updated with the new patch my sims stopped going to her acting gigs. I recently downloaded a house from the gallery and followed the instructions to turn on the move objects cheat. The house is placed in the game but the sim does not currently live there. She lives at a house that was included in the get famous expansion to save up for the mansion I downloaded from the gallery Titled West Hollywood Mansion by mbridwell.
What happens when the bug occurs? No notifications or options to click on the sim and have her go to the acting gig
What do you expect to see? My sim get the notification an hour before her gig, the notification once the gig begins to either go with or stay at home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch that was installed 1.62.67.1020 may have caused this issue.

Please see above details.

Message 94 of 666 (6,659 Views)

ask

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I just bought Sims 4 Get Famous pack and I had my sim become an actor. My sim can go to the auditions and can pass it. Once i get a gig, I dont get a popup/phone call to go to work, nothing. I've tried switching talent agency's and a week passes by and it still says the same date to work. Is this a glitch I can fix or just part of the game? 

Message 95 of 666 (6,627 Views)

Re: Get Famous Acting Gig-April 2020 Bug

★★ Apprentice

This bug seemed to happen right after the newest patch..

Message 96 of 666 (6,625 Views)

Re: Get Famous Acting Gig-April 2020 Bug

★★★ Novice

I'm getting this bug after the patch too. Not cool! I'm playing a challenge and part of the requirements for this Gen  is to get to the top of the acting career. 

Message 97 of 666 (6,612 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue here. Only happens since the last required patch.

Scientist career works fine.

Message 98 of 666 (6,603 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict How do I send you my saves?
Message 99 of 666 (6,730 Views)

Re: having trouble getting my sim to leave for work

★ Guide

If it happens after preforming all the steps the previous poster mentioned (e.g. No Mods (at all)(/Game Repair/etc) I would recommend opening a fresh bug report - as this definitely sounds like something different is happening. The latest workaround should be 100% (if you follow the directions) for this problem. If you do decide to file a report please include as many details as possible; as this will help the devs figure out what is wrong. Of course, search for similiar issues first - but if it doesn't match any of them then I'd say this is unreported and a different bug than the one I linked; and of course - keep us posted, as the community will want to follow this issue with you - we're here to help if we can.

Also I've heard rumors of things like this happening to Teens with Schools and Other Professions, can you confirm or deny that these are also taking place, as it would help narrow down what is exactly is going on if we can draw some parallels.

Message 100 of 666 (6,615 Views)