Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the Acting career. Take a gig. Travel to another location.
What happens when the bug occurs? Gig is assigned a date/time. That date/time will come and go and never get the option to go to the gig.
What do you expect to see? Sim actually goes to the gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update patch to version 1.62.67.1020

Sims no longer go to the acting gigs at all. The notification "Sim has work in 1 hour" never appears. Appointed date/time of the gig comes and goes, nothing happens.

Cancelled the gig three times and it never happens.

Tried with and without mods, tried changing acting companies.

Problem occurs when the sim takes a gig and travels to another location. After traveling, the date/time of the gig will come and go and you'll never get the option to go. Problem might also occur if you save/load while you have a gig active.

Auditions do not count as traveling.

Message 1 of 666 (173,286 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

Hero

Fixed the issue with the Actor Career where Sims were unable to complete their gig when they would travel and return home before it was time for the gig.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.13

Haven't tested yet .. hope it's actually fixed 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 658 of 666 (34,801 Views)

All Replies

Sims won't go to acting gigs

★★★★ Novice

Both of my sims have began to stop going to any of their acting gigs. They don't need to audition so they already get the gigs. There's no notification of work starting in an hour and time goes as normal as if they didn't have a gig at all. I use mods but when I played without them, they still won't go to their gigs.

Message 2 of 666 (172,938 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Acting Career Sim not getting gig pop-up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Problem is related to Fame Perks. Not sure which one. Still testing. Have it narrowed down to 5. Thought it might be Established Name, but it's not.

If you use the cheat commands:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name <Firstname> <Lastname>

bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type 61441 <sim_id> true

(Might also be able to just do the Celebrity Cleanse, haven't tried it yet.)

That will remove ALL fame perks and refund the amount. If you have an existing gig, you must cancel the gig, save, exit the game, delete the cache, reload the game, and take a new gig. The gig will then work. Tried that three times on different saves. New save and old.

Message 3 of 666 (173,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PsychotpsHaving same issue on old save, trying it now with Celebrity Cleanse and the rest you suggested

EDIT: Worked with Celebrity Cleanse, will be checking perks too

Message 4 of 666 (173,072 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can we confirm whether or not this happens ONLY on old saves? Is it happening with new saves?

Message 5 of 666 (173,020 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ManicGlitter If it's related to a certain perk, I'm guessing it's all Sims that have that perk, including new ones that achieve it.

@Psychotps Good call. Thanks for figuring that out. My Sim that is affected has these perks:

Life Style Brand and Easy street and all that lead up to those

@38140316 I merged your post with the current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 666 (172,931 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict It's not the perks. I'm still working on it. Had a new save this morning and it failed again and she doesn't have any perks at all this time. I have an idea I want to test...
Message 7 of 666 (172,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Psychotps I'm still waiting for my gig. Audition went fine so far.

EDIT: Is it possible that reloading/travelling breaks it ?

It worked fine for me after removing all perks and getting a new gig but then I reloaded and tried again without adding a new one and it broke again. On my test yesterday when I got a new gig, I'm pretty sure I traveled somewhere.

EDIT EDIT:

Many tests later I'm convinced it's travelling/Reloading the game that breaks the game. So, as a workaorund you can just stay on your lot from the time you get the gig until you need to go to the gig and it works fine. No travelling or reloading allowed. It's not very desirable but at least it works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 666 (172,878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictYea, that's what I wanted to test. Traveling to another location causes the sim to never go to the gig. I want to test with my older save also and make sure auditions don't count as "traveling".

Edit: Auditions don't count as traveling, so that's good.

Message 9 of 666 (172,807 Views)

Actors won't go to Gigs

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure, but I updated it a few days ago, so I am pretty sure it is up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Backyard stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff,, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, and My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You should be an actor, then you should audition for any role and pass the audition
What happens when the bug occurs? They don't get the notification that their gig starts in an hour, I also don't the option whether I want go with my sim or send them aalone. They just don't go.
What do you expect to see? An alert should come 1 hour before our gig starts.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the latest update in April 2020, my sims went to gigs twice (once each), then they just stopped.

I have three sims in my household, one of them is an entertainer and the remaining two are actors. Entertainer does not have any problems going to work, but the actors does. They go to their auditions, pass them and when the time for the gig comes they don't get an alert saying that their work will start in an hour and they don't go. There is no way I can make them go as there is no "Go to work" button. I tried resetting the troubled sims, I tried exiting the game, I removed all of my cc and tried it again, then when it didn't happen I loaded the cc back. As last solution ı came here to seek advice, I saw one person having this problem quitting the acting career and rejoining it worked for them , but it didn't work for me.

Message 10 of 666 (172,761 Views)