Re: [OPEN] Freelancer/Actor/Decorator: No gigs via job panel

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Re: Open Auditions bug

★★ Novice
@MapleSimmer Thank you I never thought to try the phone option. It does work that way.
Message 31 of 124 (1,344 Views)

Re: [MOD RELATED] [DHD] GUI for Decorator Gig broken

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Any other ideas except mods? This just started for me and I don't use mods.  Only using the game's cheats.  

Also, I don't see the vacation day as other people with this problem.  It might have started after the new update to the base game.  I actually can't remember cause I stopped sending this sim on jobs before, but the update could be the culprit. 

Picture attached.  When I click the clipboard to see jobs absolutely nothing happens.  It does change to green when I hover over it and the tooltip still shows.  

Edit: I just tried the find gig option from the phone and was able to book an interior decorating job.  So it seems to work from the phone but not the career button.

Message 32 of 124 (1,303 Views)

Re: Open Auditions bug

★★★★ Apprentice

I was able to get a freelance gig (fabricator) but it won't complete. It said the job was done, but the menu says I still have to have the item approved even though the pop up window said it was. Is this the same issue? Or should I start a new thread?

Message 33 of 124 (1,327 Views)

Gig clipboard doesn't do anything in Home Designer

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? almost all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose home designer career. Click on the "find a gig" clipboard and nothing happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? The character cannot find a gig. No action happens. No pop-ups, no task appears. It makes a clicking sound and does nothing.
What do you expect to see? If I press the clipboard button, it should show a list of gigs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Need the clipboard to work.

Message 34 of 124 (1,263 Views)

Sims 4 Dream Home Decorator - Gig Broken

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1771711230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? holiday celebration, dream home decorator
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Interior Decorator career has a glitch. It does not allow you to select a gig from the menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens when you click on select a gig
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a menu of gigs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just purchased the Dream Home Decorator pack. I selected one of my Sims to be an interior decorator. However, when I try to click on the clipboard icon to select a gig, nothing happens. I have restarted the game, the computer, uninstalled and r-edownloaded the game, I backed up the game and reset it... I also tried to delete the file localthumbcache.package and cleared the cache within the Origin folder. Anyone else have any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Message 35 of 124 (1,278 Views)

Check for Gigs Button Broken

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim is in the Freelance Artist Career - when I go to the jobs panel and click the button to check for gigs, nothing happens. I can still check for gigs on the computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? The check for gigs button in the job panel does not do anything
What do you expect to see? The check for gigs button in the jobs panel should populate a list of gigs for my freelancer to choose from.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Yesterday I made the following changes: UPDATE 7/20/2021, installed Eco Lifestyle, Dream Home Decorator, and Nifty Knitting

I installed the 7/20/2021 Update, Eco Lifestyle, Dream Home Decorator, and Nifty Knitting yesterday. Today, when I went to play my game, my Freelance Artist sim cannot access the list of gigs through the button in the job panel. When I navigate to the work panel and click the Check for Gigs button, nothing happens. Have tried restarting the game, but not sure what other troubleshooting I can do. I am still able to check for gigs using the computer. 

Message 36 of 124 (1,273 Views)

Re: DREAM HOME DECORATOR NO GIGS SHOW

★★★ Newbie

Hello! 

I have been having this problem too. I updated my mods and even removed them and tried running the game without and it still isn't working. The clipboard is there but when I select it, there is no pop up at all. It was working fine before this update 

Message 37 of 124 (1,274 Views)

can't accept new gig for interior design

★★★ Newbie

After the most recent update on 7/20/2021  I can't accept new gigs for interior design job. I have rebooted my computer, repaired the game on the computer, nothing is working. When I click to get a new gig, it does nothing. I even tried to quit the job and then apply again. 

Message 38 of 124 (1,312 Views)

Re: Sims 4 issue with Gig menu

★★★ Novice
@pasteleiro 496 EU tb!
Message 39 of 124 (1,305 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Freelancer/Actor/Decorator: No gigs via job panel

★★★★★ Guide

Having the same issue with DHD. I’m able to select via the phone though. 

Message 40 of 124 (1,285 Views)