Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Female Clothing on Male Sim in Gardening Career

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get Together, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a male sim work in the gardener career
What happens when the bug occurs? The male sim looks like a female sim (basically he has breasts).
What do you expect to see? I expect male sims to not have female breasts. By the way, one gardener promotion reward is a #1 Mom picture, so I think the developers assume all gardeners will be female. I think that's a pretty weird assumption.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The problem occurs when a male sim wears the working uniform of a gardener.  I've attached a screenshot.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,303 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Gardener Clothes

Hero
@Nesr5 Try the following cheat: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas

This should take the Sim to CAS and you can change it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,254 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: Gardener Clothes

Hero
@Nesr5 Try the following cheat: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas

This should take the Sim to CAS and you can change it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,255 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Female Clothing on Male Sim in Gardening Career

★ Guide

I haven't had this issue with gardening, but I do get a female with female assigned clothing being assigned male clothing in the Secret Agent career. Only pic of it I could find was the one I attached in which you can see her in the background. After promoting, she did get female assigned clothing again - and I'm not even enitrely sure whether this is the clothing she was supposed to get because hey, she's rocking it LOL.

I have another Sim in the Secret Agent career though, who was for the longest time at the same level as this one, and she did get different, clearly female clothing.

Message 3 of 5 (1,208 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have the exact opposite with the gardener career, I have a female sim who was assigned male uniforms. I also had a female sim in the writer career getting assigned the male uniform. None of them have any kind of gender customisation, but the one in the gardener career had a male shirt for her everyday wear so maybe that may have caused it. I think the sim in the writer career may have a male shirt for her winter wear, I’ll take a look later this week.

Message 4 of 5 (1,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I guess I would rephrase this into "gender-inappropriate" career outfits because I'm having the exact opposite of this so my female sim got assigned a male gardener outfit which makes her *(edit haha I guess b00b5 is not allowed :D what do you want ea?? "The breast is one of two prominences located on the upper ventral region of the torso of primates") look super weird. Combined with the "changing career outfit shoes every day" bug made for some pretty unique looks. :D

But yeah it's annoying to have to use cheats or mods to fix career outfits and obviously then do it again after a promotion..

Message 5 of 5 (1,087 Views)