Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Error Code 102:8562a17

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i have basically all the packs installed and recently the realm of magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Could be in the saves or data but i have no mods or cc.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game loads in perfectly fine but when i try to play on any household it instantly gives me- (the game failed to load. Error Code:102:85621a17:242d1043)
What do you expect to see? Wanted to play my normal households but can't due to this pop up tab which instantly reverts me back to the menu screen even in build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is what it says each time i try to load a household or enter build mode.

(The game failed to load. Error Code:102:8562a17:242d1043)

Message 1 of 12 (1,483 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't play households- Error Code 102

[ Edited ]
Hero

@preddilala1 Found your issue. It seems that one of your friends households (the one Zoe and Mandy) got corrupted or caught somewhere in the void as there's an Last Exception saying they are not in the household.

I got it to work with these steps

1. Load the household manager and find your household
2. Click on transfer Sims between households
3. Create a new household and move both ladys over (click on sell all lot furnishings)
4. Move them back into their house.
5. You should now be able to load your households again.

Will pass on your save so QA can figure out why it corrupted in the first place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (1,524 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Put back only your save game and try again. If it works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually) 
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If it still doesn't work, please upload your save to google drive or one drive and PM me the link (if you are willing to share your save that is)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,416 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think it could be my saves they could be currupted since the oldest version did work but do you know any ways i could fix the current version i have?

Message 3 of 12 (1,394 Views)

Corrupt Save

★★★ Novice

Hello, i keep getting the (error code:102) on my sims 4 but i tried loading a save from january and it worked fine but the newest version won't let me play on any households or even build mode. Please if anyone knows how to fix the corrupted saves please help me.

Message 4 of 12 (1,393 Views)

Hero
@preddilala1 Does it also not run if you try on a fresh folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,387 Views)

★★★ Novice

it only works for very old saves from months ago and when i started a new game but i think it could be the saves itself. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,376 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,371 Views)

★★★ Novice

i zipped the file but can't seem to find a way to send it on here but could if you send me your gmail could i send it to you by there?

Message 8 of 12 (1,367 Views)

Hero
@preddilala1 Just upload it to google drive and one drive, then PM me the link.

I'm not allowed to share email addresses here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,354 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 10 of 12 (1,347 Views)