[FIXED] [ECO] World looks like under water/no ground (Build mode from map)

by mvbmedia

Original Post

Re: Evergreen Harbour Looking Weird

★ Apprentice
@Tiara_1310 I just wanted to add that before the doctor’s home visit when port promenade loaded without the ground, I had visited a restaurant in the same neighborhood. But all was fine during that visit. Just thought I mention it because I recall there was a bug with restaurants. In any case, I decided to roll back to a previous save. I have all expansion packs, but I’m currently avoiding visiting Henford and now Evergreen due to bugs. Doesn’t make much sense to me.
Message 81 of 133 (1,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have had this problem since I opened a retail store in Grims Quarry and the suggested solution doesn't work for me. I've been in live mode with two sims who live in the neighbourhood, one who owns the store and one who doesn't. I've tried visiting the store, and visiting other lots with each of them. I've had another sim who lives in another neighbourhood in Evergreen Harbour visit GQ in live mode too. And I've repealed modern development in GQ.

Would selling the store, saving it to the library and deleting it from GQ help - has that worked for anyone? I want to keep it if I can so thought I'd ask here first. My sim owner bought the land then I built the store - it wasn't downloaded. The problem started when he opened the store for the first time.

I have a Mac. No mods.

Message 82 of 133 (1,549 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I sold the store and bulldozed the lot, switched it from retail to residential and it's now empty. It hasn't fixed the neighbourhood. I'm now considering moving my two resident sims out of GQ and avoiding the neighbourhood unless this is fixed, at least in this save.

From what people say above, this problem is triggered by opening a business in EH or visiting an EH neighbourhood while on business, as a dr for eg, and it is perhaps causing issues in HoB too. Are there any other triggers people know of as I don't want to corrupt any other saves.

As mentioned above, the workaround didn't make any difference for me.
Message 83 of 133 (1,501 Views)

Hero
@KLoxxon you might have a different issue then. is your game updated ? The business lot issue was fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 133 (1,495 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, my game is updated. The issue started when I opened a retail store on a lot in GQ, but if it's not that I don't know what else is causing it. I haven't repealed green initiative yet so I'll try that.

Message 85 of 133 (1,470 Views)

Hero
@KLoxxon Probably best if you make your own thread. This is the old thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-GTW-Opening-retail-lot-breaks-eco-lifestyle/td... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 133 (1,453 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes this is similar to what happened to me after visiting as a doctor. I do have both modern development and green initiatives naps. There was no way to fix it. I had to roll back to a previous save.  

Message 87 of 133 (1,384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Started new thread for this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Eco-Living-GTW-Going-on-patrol-in-Grim-s-Harbor-caused-ground-...  I added a workaround to this in that thread.

This happened to my game in the Grim's Quarry Neighborhood when my Police Officer was sent to patrol there. I quit without saving and have tried all the suggestions, but nothing fixes the problem. All the other Evergreen Harbor Neighborhoods are fine.

The Grim's Quarry Neighborhood no longer has an active household in my save. Not sure that makes a difference.

Traveling with the GTW Detective or Doctor careers puts the neighborhood you travel to in a different state. 

10-28-21_11_52_42 PM.jpg

Message 88 of 133 (1,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DizzyDee-K Could you please make your own thread for the Detective Career ? What development is your hood in ? This is for the issue happening when you go from build mode.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 133 (1,237 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:

@DizzyDee-KCould you please make your own thread for the Detective Career ? What development is your hood in ? This is for the issue happening when you go from build mode.

Thanks

Done

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Eco-Living-GTW-Going-on-patrol-in-Grim-s-Harbor-caused-ground-... 

Message 90 of 133 (1,216 Views)