Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Community space items not there/ Community Board Missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion and game pack installed and am only missing the my first pet, toddler, fitness, bowling night, and kids room stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bring back the community space items.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am not able to see any of the required community space items when in build mode after downloading the 1/22/2021 update. I was in the process of rebuilding The Waterfront community space lot in Evergreen Harbor and I need to place the Community Board but cannot find any items located under the Community Space Items folder.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the community board under the Community Space items in build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I had just downloaded the 1/22/2021 update prior to starting the game.

I am not able to see any of the required community space items when in build mode after downloading the 1/22/2021 update. I was in the process of rebuilding The Waterfront community space lot in Evergreen Harbor and I need to place the Community Board but cannot find any items located under the Community Space Items folder.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted title

Message 1 of 33 (9,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ECO] community space items not there

Hero

The Community Voting Board has been found and reinstated in Build Mode! However Cafés, Restaurants, and Vet Clinics will have to wait for a future update as it will be still missing for these lot types.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

There is still an issue with some venues but EA seems to be aware of that, hence I'm going to mark this as fully fixed (especially since this thread was mostly about the community space missing board)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 33 of 33 (7,154 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

I can confirm the Community Space objects are missing from the section.  I can also confirm the Community Board is no longer visible in build mode.  The other space folders have all the available required items except for the Community Board.  The Community Board also doesn't appear in search.

Message 2 of 33 (9,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I’m having the exact same problem & I feel like they already knew & chose to not do anything about it. You all need to make this right. I for one paid $40 for this months ago not knowing there was an issue till I built a community marketplace yesterday. I didn’t pay for a half completed pack. If you all had an decently, you would do something for everyone you inconvenienced with this.

This is unacceptable. To bad we didn’t pay you partially for your partial work! It doesn’t pull up even with all of your cheat codes including debug. It isn’t in some magic place & I got news for ya, none of us should have to play lead detective on to find it. When I pay for something, I expect everything to be readily available & I refuse to play unplug this, reinstall this & that games with you all. This is ridiculous & inexcusable! I don’t want to download someone’s version of it either! I want what I already paid for. The end!!! Do you get half the oil you paid for on your car? How about half a sweater? No?! Half of your order of food? No still?! Fix it. Plz make sure your quality assurance departments & higher ups qc their own work & make sure everything is functional before release. I would have rather waited & got all my stuff I paid for than not. You got your money & we’ve yet to receive our entire product. That is called theft! 

P.S.: I’m on Xbox. A friend of mine on PC with the same issue & another on PS4. It’s not us.

Message 3 of 33 (9,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I can confirm that the community board is missing from the build section!

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-24 110127.png

It seems to have gone missing after the last patch update.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 33 (9,163 Views)

Re: [ECO] Community space items not there

★ Novice

Me Too. 

Message 5 of 33 (9,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've uploaded a room with a community board to the gallery to download

It should work if you download it to your game, then move the board to where you want it and delete the room.

OriginID: crinrict

Item Name: Community Voting Board

Let me know if there's any issues.

Putting the full workaround here if you rather want to upload your own board

Option A

• Start any save game (or a new one) in which you haven’t deleted all the community spaces.
  • Load Evergreen Harbor
  • Load an existing community space
  • Build a simple room
  • Move the existing community board to that room
  • Upload the room to your library
  • Load the lot you want to build on (in the same save or a different one) that doesn’t have a board yet.
  • Place the room from your library
  • Move the community board to the space where you want it.
  • Delete the room.
  • The board should now be functional and your community space complete.

Option B

• Load the lot where you want to build a community space that doesn’t have have a community board
  • Open the gallery and search: EA Account ID: crinrict.
  • Find the room called: Community Voting Board and download it to your game
  • Move the community board to the space where you want it.
  • Delete the room.
  • The board should now be functional and your community space complete

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (9,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@crinrict Thanks. The item works fine for me. To make it even easier I also used the cheat bb.showhiddenobjects and I was able to go to community Items straight away!

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 7 of 33 (9,029 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I’m not using someone else’s stuff. They need to fix it. I already paid for my own copy & it’s not there.
Message 8 of 33 (9,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Trismagistos Weird. I tried the debug cheat and it didn't show there either. Thought others tried that too and couldn't find. It's not there for me but maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

@ButterflyRealm It's just a game item uploaded to the gallery. You can even do that yourself as it's still showing on premade lots. 

(CM: Edited to remove portion. Helpful advise remains)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 33 (8,955 Views)

Champion

@crinrict I think there is a misunderstanding. The Community Board is still not in the build mode. I'll try to explain further. I downloaded your 'board room' and placed the item on a normal lot. Deleted the room and had some difficulties finding the specific community items to turn the lot into a community space. Then I used the cheat: 'bb.showhiddenobjects' and when I opened the category 'All Items' in the build mode the category 'community space items' appeared and I was able to fill in the lot as I wanted. So it works perfectly for me!

Let op:

Message 10 of 33 (8,942 Views)