Re: Screen freezes after entering cheats

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@dee15644 You can shift-click after pressing ESC.

You're basically activating the cheat which causes the overlay, then go out of cheat mode with Esc and then shift-click. The cheat should then be active to use.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 70 (1,052 Views)

★★ Novice

Regarding those unable to escape Cheat Mode at all: I can confirm the issue was being caused by Victor Andrande- Direct Controls  Removed that mod alone, and everything works normally again.

Thanks all.

Message 42 of 70 (1,010 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have tried that and it doesn't work

Message 43 of 70 (1,002 Views)

Hero
@dee15644 Could you define doesn't work ? Do you not get out of cheat mode or can you still not shift-click ? Did you enter the cheats correctly ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 70 (979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for me, i open the cheat bar and i'm able to type in cheats just fine, and while the cheat bar is up, the rest of the screen turns into this dark blue/grey color and the game pauses. but then i press ctrl+shift+c to put the bar away and the actual bar does go away, but the grey/blue screen remains, and the game is still frozen and i can't interact with anything or move or even exit the game. literally nothing works. 

Message 45 of 70 (949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@sweeneytodd8124Could you list the mods you are running?

Message 46 of 70 (935 Views)

Hero
@sweeneytodd8124 That's sounds like a mod issue. Are you using any ? Have you tried without them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 70 (929 Views)

Cheat box problem on macbook

★★ Novice

Ever since the most recent August update, my cheat box opens fine and I can enter cheat codes and everything, but then when I try to close the box by doing ctrl + shift + c, it doesn’t fully close. The box itself will close or disappear from the screen, but the screen remains grayed out and I cannot click on anything and I always have to end up force quitting my game. Meaning, anything I didn’t save before opening the cheat box is gone, and it means that I cannot use any cheat, such as move objects, which is a big problem for me. 

Message 48 of 70 (885 Views)

Unable to Click during Cheats

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 07/22/2019 - v1.17
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Parenthood, Vampires, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the cheats terminal (ctrl shift c), try to click outside the terminal
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything except the cheats terminal is blued out and you can't click on anything except the terminal.
What do you expect to see? I should be able click on my sims for cheats like Make Happy or CAS Full Edit Mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This isn't from the July update that fixed the toddler bugs I don't think, I got an update yesterday (8/16/19) that made the loading screen a darker blue.

This wasn't a problem I had previously, usually the terminal opens but you can still click outside of it. It's probably some setting, but I can't find it. I just want her to be happy

Message 49 of 70 (907 Views)

Re: Unable to Click during Cheats

Hero
@fuanonemus I merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Just press and if should work again. If not, it's an outdated mode causing it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 70 (890 Views)