Re: Screen freezes after entering cheats

by iiOmq_ItzJess

Original Post

Re: Command Console Bug

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenNah it wasn't working the black greyish overlay would stay after I closed the console and I couldn't interact with the game at all

Message 11 of 70 (1,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The only thing I can do is save and exit game by x-ing out.

I HAVE NO MODS and I am still experiencing this intermittently. Please do not assume it is mod related. Thank you.

@ReaganSmash231 The only thing I've been ablle to do is x out of the game, then it will let you save and exit.

Edit: Remember that you can always edit your reply if you want to add something more. There's no need to post 3 times in a row. I've merged your posts into one - Ataashi

Message 12 of 70 (1,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MadameNordica I also don't have Mods or CC. 

Since yesterday's patch a semi-translucent overlay comes over the whole screen except the edges while I'm entering the cheat into the cheats panel (the small white box). Unlike in the past, you are not able to use the live or build area of the screen with that cheats panel open. So... to exit the cheats panel you must either:

1. Hit the 'escape' button on your keyboard while the curser is in the panel box.
  2. Enter the code you used to open the cheat panel while the curser is in the panel box. ( Shift+Control+C )

I did not experience it freezing up the computer, though.  

If you read earlier in this report, it sounds like some folks are also having a screen freeze-up from Mod(s) &/or CC, which I know you said you don't have. 

I hope this helps. If not, let us know and monitor the bug report for additional information. Thanks!
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 13 of 70 (1,119 Views)

Re: Command Console Bug

Message 14 of 70 (1,085 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@MadameNordica

Have you ever tried one of these methods given above?
Message 15 of 70 (1,104 Views)

Re: Cannot close out of cheats menu

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ReaganSmash231 I have requested for a moderator to merge your post to this post on the same subject. Please 'me too' the post and read through the workarounds to see if any of them apply to you. It seems that there are two possible options at this point: If you have Mods or CC there are some that have been found to cause a freeze-up, and some of those are listed in the post. If you do not have Mods or CC please try the escape methods and read about the new way cheats panel seems to be working since the patch yesterday. Thanks! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Screen-freezes-after-entering-cheats/m-p/8090791#M1484...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 16 of 70 (1,093 Views)

★★ Novice

I removed alot of big Sacrificial mods (e.g. Extreme Violence, Passionate Romance) and some I knew didn't work (everyone's game is different so these might be different to mine) 

Message 17 of 70 (1,093 Views)

@ReaganSmash231 and @TheSuperTest78  I've merged your posts into the master thread for this issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 70 (1,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this issue too , since the august update . i will try the tips posted above and will write how i get on . its such a annoying bug to have . 

just tried it and it still persists,  guess we will have to wait for a hotfix !!

Message 19 of 70 (1,168 Views)

Cheats not working 2019

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats And Dogs Get To Work Island Living City Living Bowling Night Jungle Adventure Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure?
What happens when the bug occurs? When I open up the cheat chat box, I try to type in, for example, cas.fulleditmode, and I am unable to click on my sim to be able to edit her. The screen turns a bit darker and I am unable to click on any sims. However, the basic cheats like motherlode do work.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to just select my sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

http://prntscr.com/oqvh03

Message 20 of 70 (1,180 Views)