[FIXED] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

by DojanZ

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

★ Apprentice

Thank you! While tedious, this temporary fix worked for me.

Message 21 of 75 (2,967 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Cats and Dogs permanently scared after vet check-up

★★★ Newbie
I tried this and it worked for about a day, the uncomfortable moodlet still appears and doesn’t go away until I use the cheat again. I provided pets with all basic needs and giving the pets wellness treats does not work for my cat and dog, really tired of seeing my pets uncomfortable after I’ve tried everything
Message 22 of 75 (2,963 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much! This worked for me (dogs).

Message 23 of 75 (2,956 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I was on an apartment lot.
Message 24 of 75 (2,949 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I thought it was the affectionate trait that I gave my sim cat!  I was ready to delete the cat because this was so annoying.  I did look at the moodlets with MCCC and didn't see anything to remove.  I'll have to try the other method listed.

Message 25 of 75 (2,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and I tried the workaround but it lasts only a few sim hours (it also removes a lot of dog interactions) and then the pets are scared again Frown 

Message 26 of 75 (2,880 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict

I found this info by 83bienchen on thesims.com

"The bug is caused by the preventaive shot and the wellness-treat. In case of the wellness-treat, your pet will be constantly afraid for 4 days, in case of the preventative shot, it will be for 14 days."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 27 of 75 (2,827 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm guessing they just accidentally added too many 0s to the buff, so it turned into days instead of hours. Unless they intended for the pets to be scared for weeks.

Message 28 of 75 (2,821 Views)

Hero

That's indeed a bit over the top and why the hell would you be scared by a treat ?

Guess we need a QA answer here @SimGuruNick

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 75 (2,813 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The Wellness treat should have no negative effects (my opinion) but some of the other Vet treats are designed to have negative effects when used on healthy pets.

I have tested these two.

Cooler than liquid Nitrogen:

Use only in case of fever.

Negative effect Pet freezes and may require a trip to the Vet because of frozen intestines.

Poop a lot:

Use only when constipated.

Negative effect. Very uncomfortable needs to poop a lot. A long walk is recommended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 30 of 75 (2,778 Views)