Re: No Care for Self Option

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero
@Skyler1802 Rotational game play is if you play multiple families in one save game. So basically play one, then switch to the next, then the next but on one save.

This is opposed to just play one household forever and maybe use a different save for a different household.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 99 (2,304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Skyler1802 : It's where you play more than one family in the same game (without starting a New Game from the menu).

EDIT: Oops! Didn't see crinrict's post! Embarrassed

Message 32 of 99 (2,292 Views)

★ Apprentice
@StarryMight okay so from that I guess I don’t play rotationally, I play through generations and mark siblings and parents that may have moved out as unplayed so there is only ever one played household in my save Standard smile
Message 33 of 99 (2,281 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Skyler1802 : Gotcha, thanks!

Message 34 of 99 (2,271 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Care for self not showing up

★★ Novice

i've had the same problem since the patch update i have repaired uninstalled and removed all mods and nothing works.

Message 35 of 99 (2,232 Views)

★ Apprentice

Little update,

When I visit a different lot, the broken sim shows as “building skill” (I’m not sure if he actually is) and when I try to switch it to “care for self”, the lightning bolt then disappears. I’ve made no changes or updates to my game or origin. 

Message 36 of 99 (2,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hi, I just wanted to say that one of the people at LittleMsSam's Discord who had this problem has figured out what's wrong!

How to fix this issue on a currently bugged sim:

- Select the bugged sim (while on active lot)

- Open the cheats console (CTRL+Shift+C)

- Enter the cheat: traits.remove_trait trait_AtDaycare (and click enter)

this should fix the bugged sim.

How I found this fix:

Checking the sim's info on two of my sims who had this issue using the Show/Search Sim Info mod (by Itasan2) I've noticed both sims had this weird trait trait_AtDaycare listed under their Hidden Traits. I checked the tuning file of this trait and seen that for some reason all ages are specified to have it (Babies to Elders) so I figured I'll check what happens if I try to remove it, and thankfully it fixed the problem.

for testing purposes I also tried re-adding the trait back to my sim, and the issue re-occurred removing it again and the issue resolved itself once again.

How can this bug be recreated:

You can use the opposite cheat to add this trait to a sim and visit any other lot with a different family member, leaving the sim with this trait at home (I have no idea how/why/when it gets added to certain sims during a normal game play, though).

More Info:

In the 18th of June patch notes it was mentioned that "Toddler's needs will now always be refilled while they're at daycare" so I think it might be related to something that got changed there.. since this bug started to happen only after this patch could be that this trait_AtDaycare shouldn't have all ages specified to have it? I don't know, but hopefully this info helps to fix it and prevent it from happening again.

I actually have wondered myself if this was possibly related to the Toddler Daycare Bug fix.

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Thanks

Message 37 of 99 (4,826 Views)

★ Novice

Omg thanks this fix worked for me. it's a weird bug though

Message 38 of 99 (2,084 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Afrakoma97_ : Glad to hear that! But don't thank me, thank the person at LittleMsSam's Discord who figured it out! (Hopefully this will help this bug get officially fixed soon!)

Message 39 of 99 (2,072 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you, OMG I was going nuts trying to figure out what happened to my Sim since June 19th. Googled the issue and couldn't find anything, I thought I was the only one who had this. I then ignored it for a while until I noticed today it also happened to his son living in another household. I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked to fix it. I thought my Sim and his son were permanently bugged, and I was ready to give up and just live with it. Then I figured I'd search directly here and I found this. Thank you so much, and thanks to that Discord person for figuring it out. I knew that trait was fishy when I noticed it on my Sim a while ago.

Message 40 of 99 (2,043 Views)