[FIXED] Care for Self for Sims at different lot not properly registering

by nicoxman8

Original Post

Re: Why don't Sims Care for themselves?

★★★★ Novice
I just thought this was normal, that they would be nearly dead by the time I got the other sim back to the lot. I do keep the other sim out and use energy restores so they can hang out at other lots for like over a day of sim time. I do have care for self on and free will on. So I really don't know why they are all red when I get back. It doesn't really matter what lots I send other sims to or any particular sim in general. I just deal with it by eventually returning to the lot. I haven't had any sims actually die of being left alone yet. I don't have any mods and I have not ever downloaded any.
Message 10 of 67 (1,777 Views)

Hero

HI @knitsybitsy

even if it's on care for self, try setting it to something else than back to care for self. Sometimes it just doesn't register properly.

Have you tried that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 67 (1,767 Views)

Re: sims care for self not working

★★★ Apprentice

it did work fine at the vet (I think it was because I made the other sim serve breakfast before I went)
but the one I went to another sim's house (an invite) that's when the other sim at home the needs were red and my dog ran away and I didn't know til the sim went home and double clicked on her, and she was smelly, hungry 
no mods, no CCs 
tried to repair, still did nothing 

and I checked if other people had this problem its mostly at work? 
my sim is fine, does eat etc at work, but when my sim comes home from work, he will just stand outside for hours

Message 12 of 67 (1,763 Views)

Hero

Hi @awesomesim666

would you be willing to share your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 67 (1,736 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yeah Standard smile
how do I do that?
thank u Standard smile

Message 14 of 67 (1,734 Views)

Hero

HI @awesomesim666

zip your saves folder and upload to some third party file sharing site like google drive, oneDrive or mediafire.

Then PM me the link.

Further info can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/4568799#M55399

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 67 (1,726 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

sent Standard smile
thank u for taking ur time to do that Standard smile

Message 16 of 67 (1,714 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I started just telling them to tend the garden or something, wait a minute and then tell them to care for themselves. It seems to be working now, a little bit. I have to keep checking now and then that they are doing it, but at least they aren't all nearly dead. 

Message 17 of 67 (1,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the same issue! Choosing another option and then switching back to "care for self" seems to work. The biggest problem for me is with toddlers! I play their older siblings out and about for a day but even though their parents are home they are still starving/smelly/exhausted by the time I come back to the home lot! A few kids have been taken away from me because I cannot feed them in time! I have been using cheats to bump up their moods and this has been happening since before I ever added any mods to my game. 

Message 18 of 67 (1,678 Views)

Hero

@crinrict wrote:

even if it's on care for self, try setting it to something else than back to care for self. Sometimes it just doesn't register properly.

Have you tried that ?

@awesomesim666

Did you try this ? This works for me on your save with no issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 67 (1,666 Views)