Need decay for household sims on another lot

by oXseashellXo

Original Post

Re: Sims left at home do not take care of any needs

Hero
Yeah, sometimes the titles are just totally different then what you're looking for. Don't worry about it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 67 (1,211 Views)

Need decay for household sims on another lot

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but pet stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send your sims on vacation, and leave some of the household at home. Send some of your sims to work or school, then home, while you are on a lot other than your home lot. Send some sims home and move from one lot to another lot. Have some sims on a lot other than your home lot, while you are also not on your home lot. Basically, anytime the entire household isn't together in one place
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims in household who are not on the same lot as you suffer need decay and do not recover (ie. sim at work will not fill bladder need, toddlers will not fill needs)
What do you expect to see? I expect that when my sims are on vacation, that the household still at home takes care of themselves, or that the nanny takes care of them. I expect that I can play on lots other than my home lot and not have to worry about the rest of the household falling apart. I would like to play on lots other than my home lot sometimes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This first started happening after the get to work expansion and seems to have increased in severity since. It is especially bad with toddlers.

Does the game want me to pack a toilet for my sims when they go to work? That's ridiculous.

Message 42 of 67 (1,156 Views)

Re: Need decay for household sims on another lot

Hero

Hi @oXseashellXo

there's an issue with care for self not properly working as per this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Care-for-Self-for-Sims-at-different-lot-not-properl... and there's a seperate thread for toddlers here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddler-not-being-taken-care-of-at-daycare-low-needs/td-p...

Can you try if it works if you manually select care for self (except toddlers, for that click me too on the daycare thread which includes nanny)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 67 (1,147 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Care for Self for Sims at different lot not properly registerin

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I am pretty sure this bug has returned with the latest patch. I have noticed the sims does not take care of their needs when I am away from the home lot, the workaround, clicking on them again and selecting take care of needs seem to fix it somewhat.

Message 44 of 67 (1,128 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Care for Self for Sims at different lot not properly registerin

Hero

Hi @mh4515 

this is an open bug. It's just marked as workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 67 (1,120 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I wanted to add something I didn't see in here. My sims were fine until I added the Get Famous pack and hired a butler but now if I leave the lot with a sim or handful of sims some of them will not take care of themselves. They will go to work but very upset. When I return to the lot, the sims will be at bladder failure level and be ready to pass out on the floor but they won't actually pass out or wet themselves. I can command them to the toilet and bed as if they weren't critical even though it says they are and the critical needs are showing several up arrows for getting worse. My sims would sometimes have bladder failures with me on the active lot too if I was idling so they're even struggling with me present.

Message 46 of 67 (1,074 Views)

Re: Daycare is Killing my Toddlers and Babies

★ Guide

I just had one of my human teens die of hunger while he was in town and I was busy with the family at home (labor, baby, toddlers and making sure the vampire in the family didn't walked out in the sun to pose for paparazzi as he is a 4-star painter celebrity who flirts with alot.) I really hope they fix this as it is getting worse and worse. Sadly I had forgot to save for a while and alot of work was lost as I wanted that teen alive. 

Message 47 of 67 (1,026 Views)

Hero

@Nekoboy69 

moved your post over to the non-toddler Sims thread. Try the workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 67 (1,029 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks @crinrict 

I have tried the workaround but I have to spam at least 5 times for something to happen. It seems to me like the latest patch opened the door for some old bugs to make a comeback. 

Message 49 of 67 (1,018 Views)

Hero
This has been an issue for a while though. Don't think it was ever fully fixed. Maybe it got worse ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 67 (1,014 Views)