Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Can't place some objects next to platforms

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu GP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Place a platform that is 2 or more levels high. 2. Place another object like a table, counter, or fridge, next to the platform
What happens when the bug occurs? The selected buy object turns red and says "Can't intersect obstructing objects".
What do you expect to see? I should be able to place objects next to the platform, especially if the platform is taller than the object I'm placing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10th patch was installed.

I've noticed that some objects can be placed next to the platforms (beds, couches, floor lamps) but not other items (tables, counters). The issue starts once you raise the platform after placing the initial squares.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 13 (9,714 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't place some objects next to platforms

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora wrote:

This seems to be a bug. You can place items next to platforms if you enable MOO and they are useable, simple workaround.

Yeah, that's a good but slightly problematic workaround if I'm not careful. In any case, that's all I can do for now.

View in thread

Message 7 of 13 (9,573 Views)

All Replies

Re: Issues with new platforms in Sims4

★★★ Newbie

I can't seem to put things against it especially counters. The alignments are off and when i try to put things on it, i could but the object is invisible until i place it(???) 

Message 2 of 13 (9,795 Views)

Re: Issues with new platforms in Sims4

Hero
@wanchek Moved your post over to the thread on objects NEXT to platforms.

For issues with placing objects ON platforms, there's another thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-place-certain-objects-on-platforms/td-p/9723...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 13 (9,620 Views)

Hero

@Leydi_Tee 

I tested this yesterday and found that you are right.  There are a lot of objects that simply can't be placed next to raised platforms.  I found that I could place a sofa, desk, coffee table, shower, and candle making station right up against a platform but could not place counters, dining tables, accent tables, bathtubs, toilets, skill building objects like robotics station, chemistry lab, archeology table and the bonsai tree.  It seems to be really hit and miss as to what can be placed against a platform and what can't.

I just thought of something that might be a work around as I was posting this reply.  Haven't tried this myself though.  Try placing a half wall around a raised platform and then see if a counter or other objects will place next to the platform.  Worth a try anyway.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 13 (9,573 Views)

This seems to be a bug. You can place items next to platforms if you enable MOO and they are useable, simple workaround.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 13 (9,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@CGrant56 wrote:

@Leydi_Tee 

I tested this yesterday and found that you are right.  There are a lot of objects that simply can't be placed next to raised platforms.  I found that I could place a sofa, desk, coffee table, shower, and candle making station right up against a platform but could not place counters, dining tables, accent tables, bathtubs, toilets, skill building objects like robotics station, chemistry lab, archeology table and the bonsai tree.  It seems to be really hit and miss as to what can be placed against a platform and what can't.

I just thought of something that might be a work around as I was posting this reply.  Haven't tried this myself though.  Try placing a half wall around a raised platform and then see if a counter or other objects will place next to the platform.  Worth a try anyway.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, that idea did not work for me. Be it a full or a half wall, I'm unable to place certain objects by the platform.

Message 6 of 13 (9,551 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora wrote:

Yeah, that's a good but slightly problematic workaround if I'm not careful. In any case, that's all I can do for now.

Message 7 of 13 (9,574 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah one thing that I found also works placing prebuilt rooms with counters up against the walls can be placed against platforms without issue. but if individually try to place the same item, it doesn't work

Message 8 of 13 (9,379 Views)

Platform build/buy Restrictions bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most Recent: 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but snowy escape Standard smile
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Its hard to explain. It seems the problem is with platforms being close to other walls. If you build an entrance nook like I did with a door and the two spaces next to it occupied by the Mortimer bookshelf, then in the next room build a platform it deletes the bookshelf and makes those spaces unusable with no visual indication as to why. You can also see this if you try and use the pre-made platforms near any full size windows it freaks out/ cant place them. However if you go into the same space with the build a platform tool it allows you to build in the same exact space with no problem. It seems like there are restrictions around the platform placement that are bleeding onto walls of adjacent structures/windows/tiles when they shouldnt be/ doesnt make sense for it to be affecting.
What happens when the bug occurs? Its hard to explain but there was a bookshelf to the right of the black door, as soon as I placed a platform under the aquarium it makes those squares unusable and I cant figure out why except the platform having weird rules about placements (like stairs and windows) I was able to reproduce it again with a platform next to a wall. In the next pictures you can see the back wall of the gym you cant place anything below the height of the platform on the opposite side. You cant move anything within a half tile of that back wall, the windows seem to work as long as they are exposed above the platform which is as it should be. If you delete the platform behind the wall all these restrictions are gone. (Included a photo with no gym furniture to show the platform behind the wall)
What do you expect to see? Platforms not affecting object placement as much as this. In my mind you should be able to drag the platform all the way up to a full length window if you want but as they are now its too sensitive and causing bugs like this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent/platform update

Message 9 of 13 (9,345 Views)

Re: Platform build/buy Restrictions bug

@cairnssmith

I think your issue has been reported here already. Just enable MOO to work around it https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-place-some-objects-next-to-platforms/m-p/972...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 13 (9,304 Views)