Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Can't enter house normally

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't enter house normally, try to zoom in and I also can't see my properties inside, all things I have to do is taking a nap at outside bench. I have 2 saves file already and both of them also have this bug, the doors also remains unlocked.
What do you expect to see? character can enter house normally like before,
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can't enter house normally, try to zoom in and I also can't see my properties inside, all things I have to do is taking a nap at outside bench. I have 2 saves file already and both of them also have this bug

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 20 (19,231 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] Can't enter house normally

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone is still seeing this, could you possibly share a save file? Feel free to DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

Edited by EA_Mai: see this post by crinrict for a possible workaround. If you are willing to share your save with us, we would ask you to do that before trying the workaround.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 19 of 20 (14,621 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't enter house normally

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (19,154 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks for quick response

i have sent you savegames by PM

Message 3 of 20 (19,142 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @arlandroid

I can def. duplicate your issue. It can be solved by switching active families and back (or travel to a different lot and back) but the question is: what triggers it. Did you get any inappropriate behavior messages ? Was someone visiting you at the time ? What were you doing when you couldn't enter anymore ?

I see you had a sleep over in both saves. Did it happen after that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (19,984 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup i've invited someone to sleepover, and if I remember correctly that happened after i leave her at work while she was still inside my house

while my sims done working,I can't enter my house anymore and my sims energy continuously depleted so i take a nap at park bench

i'll try your solution then or maybe try a new saves.

Thank you for your reply

Message 5 of 20 (19,106 Views)

Hero

Guess I'll try if I can duplicate the error on my own save with a sleepover

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (19,098 Views)

Can't see/go inside my house

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? N/A
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Random chance?
What happens when the bug occurs? All my sims stand outside/near the park instead of in my house and I can't go inside or see inside the house unless I'm in building mode. It only gives me the option of seeing the roof and not going down any lvls.
What do you expect to see? The inside of my house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't really have any other information.

Message 7 of 20 (19,106 Views)

Re: Can't see/go inside my house

Hero

Hi @Saelua_28

merged your post with existing thread.

Try going to another lot with one of your Sims and back.

Did you have a sleep-over ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (19,075 Views)

Re: Can't see/go inside my house

★★★★ Pro

@arlandroid may have found the reason - I have a similar problem with some guest not being able to enter my apartment, and now that I read this thread, I agree that is started after inviting other Sims for a sleepover. However, the owner can always enter.

Message 9 of 20 (19,056 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict i've tried travelling to other lot as you said and it's worked with both saves, thanks.

but i'm still wondering is this really a bug from sleepover?

Message 10 of 20 (19,041 Views)