[WORKAROUND] Can't click anything beyond the UI

by Evereffervescent

Original Post

Re: Interaction options doesn't show

Hero

Did you try the suggestions in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 117 (2,972 Views)

Sims 4 Bug? Can't interact with objects or other Sims! HELP!

★★ Novice

So I have gone through the process of trying to fix this problem myself but obviously that didn't work. My problem is that in game I can't interact with any objects or Sims. I can open the phone, inventory, etc. but interactions don't happen. I have tried removing CC, that didn't work. With CC removed I tried restoring all gaming options to default. Restarting both game and computer, re-installing, changing the compatibility of the game, and still nothing works. 

My game at this point is unplayable due to the fact that I can't interact with anything in game. CAS works normally, Main menu, and both worlds function properly. I'm at wits end here and would really like some help. Please. I love the Sims games. I have played all of them and I have never come across an issue I couldn't work around or fix myself. I would hate for this to be the breaking point.

Message 92 of 117 (2,970 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Bug? Can't interact with objects or other Sims! HELP!

Hero

Does the GUI and build mode work ?

If not, try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199 (not sure if that's what you've already tried)

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game first without putting anything back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 117 (2,959 Views)

★★ Novice

Build mode works/ I can open the gallery and all that, but the pie wheels interactions that should come up when clicking on other sims or objects don't show. My sims walk around and move like nothing is wrong.

I made a back up and started the game like it was new and the problem is still there. I can't interact with other sims or objects. 

Message 94 of 117 (2,936 Views)

Hero

Sounds like you have this issue then: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-4-game-breaking-bug-can-t-click-anything-beyond...

Could you confirm so I can merge your thread.

There's a few workarounds in the thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 95 of 117 (2,931 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah that's my problem! I read through there and I saw a couple people switched the display settings in Windows to medium 125%. I tried it and it fixed my problem, for now that is. 

Thanks for your help! I'm gonna keep checking to see if there's a better/permanent solution. Maybe the next update or patch will fix it? Thanks again!

Message 96 of 117 (2,925 Views)

Hero

@Racqu Merged your thread then Standard smile 

Glad the solution helped you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 117 (2,916 Views)

Re: [Sims 4] game breaking bug. can't click anything beyond the UI.

★★★★★ Newbie

It's not just that they broke they broke FIFA 15 tooAngry

Message 98 of 117 (2,692 Views)

Re: [Sims 4] game breaking bug. can't click anything beyond the UI.

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for bringing this mod to my attention. I've been making sure all of my mods are updated and work with GTW...somehow missed the fogity one. You saved my simming! Many thanks!

Message 99 of 117 (2,551 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Can't click anything beyond the UI

★★ Apprentice

Well I'm on a Mac and I can't click anything. Like I have the exact same issue but I can't click anything in game. 

Message 100 of 117 (2,142 Views)