Re: Sim Doesn't Change Clothes

by simvasion

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Hi, did you have a chance to test my sim?

Message 21 of 26 (2,532 Views)

Champion
Is this a sim you created yourself from scratch in CAS? Or is this a townie the game created that you moved in and started playing?
Message 22 of 26 (2,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I did, sorry. I must have forgotten to post :P

Anyways, we had this case before, the nude outfit appears to be broken. I don't know what's causing it but it's possibly cc related. I merged your post with the other one.

As for the other outfit changes: Do you mean manually or automatically ? Cause I have no issues changing it manually.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 26 (2,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I was just curious if these sims were townies that were moved in to the family. The only instance I’ve seen in my game for sims not changing clothes is when you are dealing with an unused criminal generated by the detective career.

They don’t change clothes automatically, and will shower, sleep or swim in their everyday wear. Exceptions are retail or restaurant employee uniform changes and Seasons hot and cold outfits.

I’ve never moved one in to make them playable, so I don’t know if you can manually direct them to change clothes though. They also meant to be unable to be killed and have aging suspended, but I don’t know if they keep those if made playable?

But I do know I had one of them get chosen to become one of my gym trainers, like the person in the original report. He’d work out in his everyday clothes, which is how I discovered this.

Can’t say for certain if that’s the same issue you are seeing, but a lot of the symptoms look like it. You’d know for sure if you had the Sim Info mod and could check for the hidden “Criminal” trait. I used the remove trait cheat to “fix” them and behave as regular sims do

EDIT (crin)

Adding workaround

To remove the trait, you need to use cheats

Open the cheat console and type

• testingcheats true
  • traits.remove_trait DetectiveCareer_Criminal

If this doesn't work, please comment. Other traits might cause this.

Message 24 of 26 (11,021 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's a sim from the gallery that I uploaded into CAS, modified him to my liking, then put him into the game.

Message 25 of 26 (2,452 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I ran it without CC and he still didn't shower or change clothes properly. As for the other outfit changes, I mean automatically. He doesn't change when he goes to the gym, goes to bed, showers etc.

Message 26 of 26 (2,451 Views)