Original Post

Accepted Solution

[WORKAROUND] Can't change to nude outfit

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Of Them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. It's random and it's my active sim, no other sims have this problem.
What happens when the bug occurs? He doesn't change outfits except for outerwear, and he doesn't get undressed to bathe.
What do you expect to see? Him to change outfits or get undressed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Only my active sim has this problem. I read somewhere else that recreating the sim with different clothes helps, I tried that and it didn't work. I've also repaired my game and removed all cc.

Message 16 of 26 (9,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim Doesn't Change Clothes

[ Edited ]
Champion

I was just curious if these sims were townies that were moved in to the family. The only instance I’ve seen in my game for sims not changing clothes is when you are dealing with an unused criminal generated by the detective career.

They don’t change clothes automatically, and will shower, sleep or swim in their everyday wear. Exceptions are retail or restaurant employee uniform changes and Seasons hot and cold outfits.

I’ve never moved one in to make them playable, so I don’t know if you can manually direct them to change clothes though. They also meant to be unable to be killed and have aging suspended, but I don’t know if they keep those if made playable?

But I do know I had one of them get chosen to become one of my gym trainers, like the person in the original report. He’d work out in his everyday clothes, which is how I discovered this.

Can’t say for certain if that’s the same issue you are seeing, but a lot of the symptoms look like it. You’d know for sure if you had the Sim Info mod and could check for the hidden “Criminal” trait. I used the remove trait cheat to “fix” them and behave as regular sims do

EDIT (crin)

Adding workaround

To remove the trait, you need to use cheats

Open the cheat console and type

• testingcheats true
  • traits.remove_trait DetectiveCareer_Criminal

If this doesn't work, please comment. Other traits might cause this.

View in thread

Message 24 of 26 (11,018 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Can't change to nude outfit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too, and was directed to post about it in this thread.

My issue is isolated to one sim. She's one that came with City Living, Zuri Betts, the trainer at the sky gym. I had her get married to a sim born in-game, and move in with his family in Newcrest.

She won't change her clothes autonomously, but will if told to. Even for bathing and sleeping, she does those in her street clothes. No other sims are having this issue.

So far, I've tried clearing the game's cache, resetting the sim, changing all her clothes in every outfit, moving her out of the house to her own apartment and back into the house, repairing the game in Origin, I have no mods (I double checked to make sure, the only thing in the Mods folder is the Resources file), and making sure she's not wearing a bra.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Message 1 of 26 (10,676 Views)

Re: When bathing

Hero

Are you using custom content in your game ? This is usually a cc issue unless you're talking about this one: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Female-Sims-wearing-bra-in-Shower-bathing/m-p/5...

If it's not the bra issue, then you'll need to remove the faulty cc and then use a MC Command center to reset their naked outfit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (10,668 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the quick reply!

No, I don't have any CC in my game as far as I know. I don't have any patches installed in my game as far as the no-blur patch, etc, and the only things I've downloaded are a couple of houses from the maxis website.

I looked in my Mods folder, the only thing in there is a Resources file. Is there any other place I should look?

Message 3 of 26 (10,668 Views)

Hero

You would know if you downloaded cc/mods

Was that particular Sim that has the issue one that you created from scratch or did you download it from the Gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (10,717 Views)

★★★ Novice

She is one that came with City Living I believe. She's Zuri Betts, the gym instructor at the sky gym in Uptown.

I had her marry a sim born in-game, and move in with his family in Newcrest.

Message 5 of 26 (10,708 Views)

Hero

Hm

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (10,690 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got it uploaded, thanks so much for your help!

Message 7 of 26 (10,675 Views)

Hero

I'll check it out tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (10,670 Views)

Hero

@Lachelle82

I split your posts. You seem to have a different issue.

Your Sim doesn't have the ability to change to nude. So it's not the nude outfit being street clothing but the Sim not being able to change to nude clothing

I'll forward your save to the devs and add this. Haven't found a solution

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (10,642 Views)