Re: Level 10 gardening (no cheats) why can't my sim purchase rare seeds/live mod

by mysticalmaid

Original Post

Re: Level 10 gardening (no cheats) why can't my sim purchase rare seeds/live mod

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hey, thank you so much. I have found the seeds on the computer under purchase seeds. Still nothing on the planter though.  Build/Buy works too. Just bought Rare, Uncommon, Farmers and Magical that I couldn't before.

My version is 1.23.

Thanks for the help guys. Best make my garden bigger now lol.

I am sorry. I have been trying to delete the duplicate template forms but seem to have just added more! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

@nickienok Done it!

[Admin - merged multiple posts together]

Message 11 of 21 (1,734 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I am finding the same thing as @crinrict - None of my level 10 gardeners can purchase seeds from the planters or the gardens. The computer menu option changed as stated - it moved from inside the order menu to an option outside the menu.

Message 12 of 21 (1,605 Views)

★ Guide

There are two areas to purchase seeds on the computer (not including the seasonal and garlic) one comes under the the "order" menu, the other you have to click the computer, then click more choices until "purchase seeds" shows up, as the option within the "order" menu only shows the seasonal seeds.  The build/buy menu doesn't unlock many of the seed options other than starter for high level gardeners who reached level 10 generally. I did have one level 10 gardener who could buy all seeds in build/buy EXCEPT for rare, uncommon ect lol. 

There are 2 options for menus to appear which we can choose in the Options, I wonder if this has something to do with it?

Message 13 of 21 (1,558 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Can't buy seeds on planter/computer (Gardening Level 10)

★★ Apprentice

Gardening has been a train wreck since the seasons patch. The order seeds functions work sporadically. Sometimes pack specific options appear, but the rare and uncommon seed packs don't. In theory, patchy can give uncommon seeds, but in my experience he only gives the most common ones. Grafting is completely broken, as the component plants are often not active in the season, and the odds of getting the hybrid plant are now almost zero. For all intents, completing the plant collections is almost impossible. There is no reliable way to get needed plants, except to download them from the gallery. Some of the changes were positive in theory, but post seasons patch gardening went from a favorite skill to one of my least. 

Message 14 of 21 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can only buy seeds, except for the garlic and seasonal seeds, in the buy/build mode in the game, which is very inconvenient.  There's no option on my computer anymore to purchase them there, except for the two types of seeds not, and the planter only sells the garlic and seasonal seeds.  I took all my mods out, but that didn't solve it.  I've repaired the game multiple times and updated it too.  Nothing has worked.  I don't want to have to uninstall it and then reinstall them because it takes so long and then I have to remember to redo my gameplay options.  The solution/resolution noted on this isn't an actual solution to the problem.  By saying it's resolved, it's telling the developers that they don't need to work on a patch for it.

Message 15 of 21 (1,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@beana2687 This Bug Report is not marked as solved but rather is marked for workarounds for the convenience of players if they want to see what types of workarounds have helped some players while waiting for a fix/patch for the issue.

I would recommend that you read through the post marked as the workaround 'solution', and if nothing there helps please read through the thread for comments from others, as you may see a different suggestion of something to help in your case - for now.

Yes, these are inconvenient, but hopefully they will only be needed temporarily. I would recommend subscribing to this thread as Crinrict will change the thread to be marked as 'fixed' should a fix come in a patch, and that way you would be notified of the change. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 16 of 21 (1,404 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, I was wondering if anyone found a work around for this issue. I've checked all of the places and went to a computer (at one of the libraries) but I couldn't find any "purchase seeds" option in either "Order..." or as it's own option. I also couldn't see the option on the planter as that disappeared since my sim leveled up to max. Please tell me this is a bug and if so, please tell me there is a way to fix it.

Message 17 of 21 (1,318 Views)

Max level gardener cannot buy seeds (including normal ones) from a planter.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Spa Day, Strangerville, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach level 10 gardening and interact with a planter.
What happens when the bug occurs? At level 10, the interaction to purchase seeds from garden planters is gone, and they do not get highlighted on mouseover. Pots allow the "Tend Garden" interaction, but likewise don't offer the seeds dialog.
What do you expect to see? Mousing over a pot or planter should allow the player to purchase seeds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried a few fixes for this one. I've repaired the game, removed custom content, cleared the Sims 4 folder from Documents and let it repopulate on game startup, and done my tests on a fresh save.

Originally, the bug appeared immediately after a sim reached level 10 in gardening. I did this the normal way, but for later testing purposes, I used the cheat commands - I want to troubleshoot these things, but not enough to grind up my gardening skill organically over and over. In either case, the box planter can't be interacted with at level 10. Using cheats to lower gardening to 6 seems to fix it, but leveling up to 7 after that breaks it again.

I can still buy seeds from a computer, but a bug is a bug.

Message 18 of 21 (1,295 Views)

Can't buy seeds with planters or computer

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fully level up a sim's gardening skill and try to buy seed packs through planters or the computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims with level 10 gardening skill do not get the option to buy base game seed packs. Sims with lower level gardening skills are able to do so.
What do you expect to see? Options to buy all the seed packs that are unlocked for the skill level.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've run into this problem for a while, and the only work around seems to be using the debug build cheat to access the seed packs.

Message 19 of 21 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Guide

Cannot purchase seeds even though both sims have level 10 gardening skills.

Gardening Bug Seed Packs.png

Message 20 of 21 (665 Views)